#1 Waiver Priority QB help ...really bad. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

#1 Waiver Priority QB help ...really bad.

Moderator: Football Moderators

#1 Waiver Priority QB help ...really bad.

Postby Twelve Inch Ditka » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:50 pm

I drafted Manning in the 6th round of this 12 team league...before the news. 6pt TD 1 per 20 passing yards 6pt BONUS for TD's 50 yards or more 1 per 10yds for rushing and receiving.. I have since picked up Collins and have Colt McCoy as my back up. I am trying to avoid the dumpster fire in Indy, and the Browns are the Browns.

Top WW QB's who scored over 40 points last week while Colt scored a mere 21.25 points.....

Cam Newton
Chad Henne
Rex Grossman

I am thinking of grabbing Cam for trade bait, figure that a couple other teams may be looking to snag him and then burn another transaction on Grossman or Henne and play matchups or Keep McCoy because of schedule and try to trade Newton for a Fitzpatrick etc...what say you?

My squad 12 team ppr
Collins (Manning IR)
McCoy
Mendy
Hightower
B Tate
Bradshaw
AJ80
VJaxx
S Johnson
D Bess
Pettigrew
B Watson
Hanson
Succoup
Twelve Inch Ditka
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: #1 Waiver Priority QB help ...really bad.

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:36 pm

cut the extra kicker for Newton.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ATLbraves » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:43 pm

I agree cut the extra kicker for Newton or Henne. Personally I like Henne more, but if you think you can trade Newton then grab him.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=496207
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sheethappens » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:14 am

Take Cahd Henne. I know that everyone is in love with Newton after his first week on the job but remember, he's a rookie and rookie QB's NEVER are good fantasy starting QB's. Not even Peyton Manning was a good starter in his rookie season. Don't let week one fool you into buying in on Cam Newton at this point. He's going to have many more down weeks than he will up weeks and you really really don't want him as your starter. I could be wrong but I for one would let someone else take a chance on him.

Chad Henne on the other hand should have a solid season this year. While he may not match his week 1 numbers again, he should be a top 12QB this year making him a legit low end starter (not too shabby for a guy you picked up off the waiver wire when your #1 went down).
sheethappens
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:36 am

Here's an idea:
Collins (Manning IR)
Newton
McCoy
Henne
Mendy
Hightower
B Tate
Bradshaw
AJ80
VJaxx
S Johnson
D Bess
Pettigrew
Hanson

You would temporarily have to roll with 4 QBs and normally that isn't recommended but one of those will pan out and you need to spread your options until something does indeed pan out. I'd rather have QB depth than an extra kicker or TE (unless the extra TE was a stud of course - in this case its not so make BOTH moves if you can place claims on both) If Henne and Newton put up 2-3 more good weeks then you can trust that pair with McCoy and cut Kerry Collins which I wouldn't keep.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)

Postby Twelve Inch Ditka » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:05 am

you guys ....i never understood this..... dropping the second kicker is always your answer....why would would I have 2 kickers if I could just drop one for a skilled player? Why? because the league has roster requirements....if it was that easy I would have just done that myself....i come here for some help and I get advised to drop my second kicker....letting me down guys.... :-t

I dropped McCoy for Henne and Cam for Collins...
Twelve Inch Ditka
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby sullymichaels » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:43 am

what kind of messed up league has 2 kicker requirements!?
as for help - NO to Cam. I like Grossman over Henne but different things about each make me think Henne? Henne has great WR in Marshall, Bees & Hartline also good/OK. BUT no RB (Bush? really? every down?). Grossman has some depth at WR, too. but he throws INTs and has a psycho owner & coach who may pull him at any time.
my team (we play Q, R, W, 3 flex, TE, K, Def - 5 bench slots)
Q: Eli & Cutler
W: Rdy White, A. Jeffrey, D. Bess, R. Meachum, J. Nelson,
R: I. Redman, M. Leshoure, B. Powell, C. Johnson (sux)
T: V Davis
K: Gould
D: NYG
sullymichaels
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Twelve Inch Ditka » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Messed up League?

I am in 7 leagues. 3 money leagues and 4 for fun. The money leagues all have standard roster requirements, while the Free leagues offer some flexibility to your roster. This keeps people from hoarding players at certain positions. Really I think that having roster limits is the way to go....
Twelve Inch Ditka
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions