Trade Help! Gore/Buress/Starks for Turner/Marshall/Thomas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Help! Gore/Buress/Starks for Turner/Marshall/Thomas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Help! Gore/Buress/Starks for Turner/Marshall/Thomas

Postby average_joe » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:07 am

Just got proposed this trade, I know what my initial reaction is, but I wanted to get some thoughts. His Gore/Buress/Starks for my Turner/Marshall/Dan. Thomas.

Our teams:
Me:
QB: Schaub, Fitzpatrick
RB: Turner, Bradshaw, Lynch, Dan. Thomas
WR: White, Austin, Marshall, S. Smith (Car)
TE: Gonzalez, Cook
K: Hartley
Def: Philly, Atlanta

Him:
QB: Vick, Cutler
RB: Gore, Benson, S. Jax, Charles, Starks, F. Jones
WR: Welker, Britt, Sims-Walker, Buress
TE: Clark
K: Henery
Def: NYG

Its a PPR standard head to head league. We start 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE.
Any thoughts welcome....including counter offers.
Thank you!
average_joe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Help! Gore/Buress/Starks for Turner/Marshall/Thoma

Postby sheethappens » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:22 pm

I wouldn't do it. I'm not big on Gore and personally I'd take Turner of him. Plax MAY return to him pre-jail for and be better than Marshall but homestly, I think Henne is the real deal down there and that Marshall will again be a solid FF WR (low end #1/high end #2). starks is a backup and sorry but barring ANOTHER injury to Grant, he's not seeing the football enough in GB to warrent playing him as anything other than a bye week fill-in. The Dolphins are taking Thomas' injury recovery slowly because he is their long term solution and franchise RB. This is not something that FF owners want to hear but he should be back around week 3 or 4 and getting the rock full time by week 6. He's going to be a top 15 RB in the 2nd half of the year just you watch and see. If you trade him I think you will seriously regret it.

Don't make this trade.
sheethappens
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:56 pm

In a full PPR where you need more help at RB than WR, I think I'd do this deal. I highly value Gore and Starks over Turner and Thomas, and while you're losing a startable WR2 in Marshall, your top 2 guys are top notch and you have Smith as a viable bench guy and some decent upside in Plax. It's not a mind-blower, but it's a good deal for you and improves your starters and depth at the same time.
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby average_joe » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:05 am

Thank you for your comments.
The only part of this deal that I like is Starks over Thomas. I am thinking about countering with Starks/Buress/Charles for Turner/Smith/Thomas. That looks a little more even to me.

Anyone agree? Disagree?
average_joe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:03 am

If both guys stay healthy, in a vacuum, I honestly don't know if I'd rather have Charles than Gore. Frank the Tank is certainly a bit more injury prone, but his schedule isn't as brutal and he has even less competition for catches. I know all the people around here are don't bench your studs types who think Charles will be "fine", but to be honest KC's offense looked pretty bad, and there aren't many weeks between now and when the sledding gets tough for an indeterminate amount of time. I think Weiss leaving has been vastly underplayed in the fantasy realm, and Charles really worries me as a result of that and other complicating factors. If you drafted him and can ride him for 2 months, then so be it, but I wouldn't be trading for him in Week 3, that's for sure - I'd be trying to trade him after a decent game or two ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby average_joe » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:20 am

That is good insight. This morning, I did pick up Cadillac and Sproles off of waivers, dropping Lynch and Cook. I am thinking I am ok just sitting on my hands on this for now. I don't know why I am hung up on Gore, cuz I agree with you on a lot of those points. I guess I can't get over being burned by his injuries in the past. I really like Turner, but already have 2 other Falcons, and don't like having all my eggs in one basket so to speak. But, those are all good eggs, for now.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
average_joe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions