Postby BearsFan65 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:24 am

12 team PPR, starting 2 RB and 3 WR each week. My roster:

QB - M Ryan
RB - R Rice, F Jones, B Jacobs, M Bush
WR - M Wallace, S Holmes, K Britt, D Amendola, J Ford
TE - O Daniels
DST - Chicago
K - Bironas

Gronkowski, amazingly, went undrafted and unclaimed in week 1 waivers. He's out there as a FA. Part of me says that Daniels' role was way limited by the game situation (big lead, tons of running plays) and he'll bounce back just fine. Another part of me says Gronkowski is going to be a target monster all year long - he might not put up lines every week like he did in week 1, but NE will always be a pass first team and he's no worse than the 3rd option. And if Houston is going to go run heavy a lot, then the line Daniels had could easily happen again.

I can't carry two TE's with a short bench (only four bench spots), and I wouldn't drop a RB or WR this early in the year anyway. So do I drop Daniels and grab Gronk? It's only been one week, but I feel like I might be getting consistent production in exchange for up and down production, since Houston can take the air out of the ball with their running game. WHIR, thanks!
Last edited by BearsFan65 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Drop Daniels for Gronk? WHIR

Postby Dolfan19 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:35 am

it's a tough call, but i think I would do it. both obviously have a lot of potential, so it's hard to say. (actually I would probably just drop a WR, especially if you are starting RB RB WR WR Flex and not RB RB WR WR WR)
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby boltsfan71 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:37 am

I have Daniels as well and I would dump him for Gronk. Better QB in NE (obviously) and passing game centers around the TEs.
boltsfan71
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby sweettortilla » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:39 am

BearsFan65 wrote:12 team PPR

I can't carry two TE's with a short bench (only four bench spots), and I wouldn't drop a RB or WR this early in the year anyway. So do I drop Daniels and grab Gronk? It's only been one week, but I feel like I might be getting consistent production in exchange for up and down production, since Houston can take the air out of the ball with their running game. WHIR, thanks!

Yes. I would do this. After watching the way Brady and the Pats used their TE's, lining them up as slot receivers all game long, I like both Hernandez and Gronk. I think they will be consistently in the mix and I like their chances, given what I saw on Monday.

Good luck! Help? viewtopic.php?t=496309
sweettortilla
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KHowe » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:44 am

Gronk looked like a machine this past week. I'd grab him in a heart beat. Only guys I'd really put above him in fantasy right now are Gates and Witten, but that's just my opinion.
KHowe
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby boltsfan71 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:38 am

I helped you... please help me.

viewtopic.php?t=496313
boltsfan71
Cheerleader
Cheerleader