Ford or Gibson? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Ford or Gibson? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ford or Gibson? WHIR

Postby BearsFan65 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:27 am

12 team PPR, start 3 WR's, no flex. My WR's are M Wallace, S Holmes, K Britt, D Amendola, J Ford. With Amendola hurt, I'm thinking about Brandon Gibson, who is likely to be the #1 flanker with MSW moving to the slot.

I'm not dropping Amendola, it looks like he may only miss a few weeks and he's the top target when healthy. What do you guys think about dropping Ford for Gibson? He'd be an insurance policy for weeks 3-4 (Wallace, Holmes and Britt will start every week), but probably has long term value as well in a pass heavy offense. Raiders looked like they wanted to get Ford very involved until he got hurt, then went to the running game when push came to shove. If Amendola is out longer than the four weeks they are expecting, Gibson could be a nice fill in for my top 3 WR's when they're on byes.

Dropping another position player is out of the question for now - I have Rice and Felix on bye in the same week and need to carry four RB's at least that long (B Jacobs, M Bush on the bench). So it's Ford or Gibson, but not both. Thoughts? WHIR, thanks!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ford or Gibson? WHIR

Postby Jetsfan819 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:54 am

If you can afford to, I'd rather hold on to Ford. As you said, they looked really committed to getting him involved so I'd like to see how long it takes him to get back to 100% and where they use him from here.
16 Team .5 PPR
QB-Josh Freeman(Andy Dalton)
RB/WR-Rashard Mendenhall(Shonn Greene)
RB/WR-Ben Tate(Deji Karim)
RB/WR-Stephen Jackson
WR/TE-Kenny Britt(Jacoby Ford)
WR/TE-Steve Smith, CAR
TE-Dustin Keller(Tony Scheffler)
DEF-Atlanta Falcons
K-Jason Hanson
Jetsfan819
Water Boy