Helpful tip for Trading success - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Helpful tip for Trading success

Moderator: Football Moderators

Helpful tip for Trading success

Postby c0megets0me » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Lot's of people think it all ends with a good draft and wait for the wins to start rolling in. Well im here to tell you " thats where it starts". If you took the time to read part one ,Draft success then you probably have a good foundation but now it's time to learn how to build and maintain the house.

Now lets cover the do's and dont's. I like to look at fantasy football team owner's as teenage girl's, they always want the latest and greatest at any cost. So its up to you to make them pay or should I say overpay. What I mean by this is to buy low and sell high and if you can learn to do this effectively then you can turn scrub's into stud's. It does require taking some chances and you will win some and lose some but in time you can master this and build something from nothing.

Take Chris Johnson for example....game 1 he had a poor outing and the Titan's are working him back into the line up, now week 2 he faces the very stout Raven Defense. So its a safe bet to say Chris Johnson is going to have another bad week and have Chris Johnson owner's looking to jump ship. Thats when you want to buy Chris Johnson, his value will be at an all time low. Week 1 was full of those players....Mendenhall, Fitz, and Charles just to name a few. On the flip side there are player's that over performed and are prime for a sell high. In fact this forum is full of post like "Trade for Steve Smith". He has a rookie QB throwing him the ball and is not likely to continue putting up those numbers through out the season.

Now if you can trade a "sell high player" for a "buy low player" you just doubled your money and thats the name of the game. Another tactic that you can try is to bundle player's and when I say that I dont mean offer 3 or 4 scrub's for a stud RB. There are always people like that in every league and after a couple of weeks owner's will see right through that trick and know matter what offers you send from then on they will not take them seriously or just think your up to something. So dont be "that guy". The bundling I'am talking about can even fool the seasoned owner's. Here is what you want to do.....trade three players for three players. Why ? Because it's easy to compare player values when your lookin at 1 vs 1 or 2vs 2 but when it's 3 for 3 its easier to hide and it's an odd number so chances are someone is going to win the trade. Just make sure that its you.

Another thing you want to do is scout the other team's in your league and look for team's that are overloaded at a paticular position. They will be more willing to give up a player from that position and that will keep you from overpaying. Now reverse that and trade where you have depth so it does not kill your team if you do make a bad trade. Also get to know the team owners and know there favorite team's so you can use that against them come trade time.

In a nut shell dont get caught up in the latest fad's, but make owners pay when they do. Fantasy football is a dog eat dog world and hopefully this will give you "a leg up on the competition". Best of luck to you and thanks for reading.
Last edited by c0megets0me on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Helpful tip for Trading success

Postby Enrique Aguilar » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Good Read!!!! ;-D

Woof,Woof!
Enrique Aguilar Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby c0megets0me » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:47 pm

thanks
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby latraffic » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Cool. Why not submit it to the cafe as an article next time? More readers. More can benefit. :-)
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby c0megets0me » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:53 pm

I tried by I guess it didnt cut the mustard. :-)
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Beginner's Forum