WR Help - Nicks owner - WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

WR Help - Nicks owner - WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR Help - Nicks owner - WHIR 100%

Postby johnhoefer » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:02 pm

So, I have Nicks. Here are my options.

WR1 Santonio Holmes vs. Jac
WR2 Jordy Nelson vs. CAR

Or, I can put in Brandon Gibson (STL) vs NYG and then if Nicks is going to play I can sub Nicks in. But if Nicks does play, I have to go with Gibson who is not as good as an option as Nelson.

What would you do. Nicks didn't practice today. Not that he has to to play though.

Leave your link and I will respond.
johnhoefer
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR Help - Nicks owner - WHIR 100%

Postby Yceman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Are you talking about a flex spot? Otherwise, I don't see where Gibson fits into equation here. Nicks should play so I'd start him and Holmes. If he doesn't, start Jordy. Rodgers has a lot of weapons to spread ball around to, so Nelson is least appealing to me. If you have a flex, I'd start all 3.
Yceman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Dirty T » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Jordy is in an offense that will not be stopped. do it. http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=496501
Dirty T
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Postby cloudwasher » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:07 pm

Go with Holmes/Nelson. Gibson is a potential sleeper at some point later in the season, but not this week with Bradford banged up and him just now getting into the lineup at WR2.
cloudwasher
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby keithz » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:17 pm

Nicks could play so don't count him out just yet, but yea like everyone else said, nelson & holmes should be your starters.
keithz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bhov97 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:52 am

i like holmes and nicks...nicks played with a messed up ankle all year..which make me believe he'll have no problem going forward ..he's a tough kid
bhov97
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Phamous » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:24 am

If Nicks plays it hard to ignore such a legit talent... Holmes/Nicks, however; if he misses practice all week I would definitely go with the hot hand of Rodgers and Nelson would get the start. Just monitor Nicks status day-by-day... Eli looked pretty poor IMO Sunday, so I can understand the Nelson pick, BUT Nicks is a much bigger threat in his offense...

Brandon Gibson isnt on my radar with your other options.

viewtopic.php?t=496583
Phamous
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jm968859 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:44 pm

If Nicks play- Holmes/Nicks- if not- Holmes/Nelson
jm968859
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)

Postby SmokyMcNasty » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:44 am

Thanks for your input in my thread. I've read some of the replies in this one, and I don't think everyone is understanding the situation here. Since Nicks plays on Monday night, you may not know whether he will play until Monday. If you start him, you take the risk of benching Nelson who may have a great game on Sunday. But the good thing is you have Gibson on Monday night just in case Nicks is ruled out. I would take the gamble. Nicks can put up beastly numbers if he plays, and even if he doesn't, Gibson isn't a bad alternative.

If you wanna play it safe, start Nelson. But I like gambling....
SmokyMcNasty
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 14)

Postby mattb47 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:19 am

SmokyMcNasty wrote:Thanks for your input in my thread. I've read some of the replies in this one, and I don't think everyone is understanding the situation here. Since Nicks plays on Monday night, you may not know whether he will play until Monday. If you start him, you take the risk of benching Nelson who may have a great game on Sunday. But the good thing is you have Gibson on Monday night just in case Nicks is ruled out. I would take the gamble. Nicks can put up beastly numbers if he plays, and even if he doesn't, Gibson isn't a bad alternative.

If you wanna play it safe, start Nelson. But I like gambling....

I agree here, I think Nicks is worth the gamble to see if he'll play and I don't know why someone said that Gibson is just breaking into the lineup as their WR2, he's been their WR1 since training camp actually. I think Gibson is a decent play this week and good enough of one that I would take the risk on Nicks.

One more thing though, is Dominik Hixon available? It might be worth grabbing him and then if Nicks doesn't play you can stick him in there and he might be a better play this week than Gibson if Nicks is out.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench