Trade Britt and Ingram for Andre Johnson in PPR???...WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Britt and Ingram for Andre Johnson in PPR???...WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Britt and Ingram for Andre Johnson in PPR???...WHIR

Postby GeneralTsou » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:50 pm

See roster below. 12-team PPR. We start 2RB, 2WR, and 1 RB/WR flex

I may be able to pull of a trade where I give up Kenny Britt and Mark Ingram to get Andre Johnson

I know Andre is better than Kenny Britt...but how much better? Is he enough of an upgrade over Britt to justify giving up a starting goal-line back for one of the best offenses in the league? I really think Kenny Britt will breakout this year. Ingram is a good bet for double-digit TDs but he currently doesn't start for me. I would rather start a WR in the flex in a PPR. I start McFadden and Best. Ingram is depth. Brandon Jacobs is my only other RB.
12-team PPR

QB: Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick
RB: Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball
WR: Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon
TE: Martellus Bennett
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Cleveland
GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Britt and Ingram for Andre Johnson in PPR???...WHI

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:55 pm

If you can get AJ for that you HAVE to do it!

viewtopic.php?t=496510
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nandaman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Ummm...YES. This is a no-brainer in my opinion. Britt is gonna have a very god year - but AJ is the #1 or #2 WR in the league. Pull the trigger without a doubt.
nandaman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GeneralTsou » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:10 pm

I agree with both you but that will leave me with only 3 RB on my roster and there is NOTHING on the waiver wire
12-team PPR

WR: Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon
GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Lips » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:21 pm

I'd do it because you have after McFadden, all your running backs are equal, you don't lose anything with Ingram. So basically you are trading Britt for AJ. AJ is definitely the better receiver, not miles better, but since Ingram is an extra piece for you, it is worth it.

Help with mine: viewtopic.php?t=496527
Lips
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby sheethappens » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:18 pm

[quote="Lips"]I'd do it because you have [u][b]after McFadden, all your running backs are equal[/b][/u], you don't lose anything with Ingram. So basically you are trading Britt for AJ. AJ is definitely the better receiver, not miles better, but since Ingram is an extra piece for you, it is worth it.

Help with mine: viewtopic.php?t=496527[/quote]

This is just wrong on so many levels. Best is a legit starting FF RB. He should end up a top 15 RB. He is NOT in the dreaded RBBC situation that many others are. Ingram is the #1 RB in NO and is also a legit low end #1/high end #2 RB probably finishing somewhere around #15 for the season. Beyond those 2 the rest are pretty much garbage. Michael Bush is worhtless other than as a handcuff to McFadden and you'll never play him unless you lose your one true stud RB. Jacobs is the #2 RB in NYG behind the ESTABLISHED #1 Bradshaw. He'll likely be nothing more than a goal-line vulture and not worthy of starting every week.

You have only 3 legit RBs worthy of being on your starting lineup. Trading one of them leaves you DANGEROUSLY thin at RB and if Best gets hurt like last season then you are effed and the added points from replacing Britt with AJ isn't going to cover the points lost from moving donw from Best to Jacobs. You have legit reasons to be concerned over this and you are actually showing good insight and thinking beyond just the player values.

I would still try and work a deal to get AJ though. I'd try to rework the deal where is an RB and WR for an RB and WR. Try to get him to part with RB whom Ingram will be replacing in HIS lineup. That way you would probably have a better backup option than Jacobs and the trade is actually balanced in a 2 for 2 trade.
sheethappens
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby JimiRayThunderaxe » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Hells yes.

At this point, Ingram looks only slightly better than B Jacobs and he has more competition in the backfield (P Thomas and D Sproles vs A Bradshaw).

A johnson is a S-T-U-D.
JimiRayThunderaxe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 30)

Postby GeneralTsou » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:55 am

Andre is no doubt an upgrade over Britt in PPR but I think Britt can match Andre in yds and tds. Andre hasn't gotten double-digit TDs before. If I make the trade, I am relying on Jahvid Best to stay healthy and leaving me with Brandon Jacobs as my only other RB. I am torn
12-team PPR

GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby matt2v17 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:06 am

Definitely go for it, he will make you very happy. Ingram has yet to prove anything. He has the possiblity of being good, but don't count on it until it's proven. Plus he splits carries with P. Thomas, so not a super viable option for your lineup. I would definitely do it.

Help?
viewtopic.php?t=496629
matt2v17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions