Bench Gore?? Need help on starting RB for Wk2 *WHIR* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Bench Gore?? Need help on starting RB for Wk2 *WHIR*

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bench Gore?? Need help on starting RB for Wk2 *WHIR*

Postby pommona22 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:31 am

Hey guys Standard NON PPR 10 person team have to pick 3: Arian, Gore, Beanie, Hightower

Arian looks like hes playing so that is a lock for RB1

Not too fond of Gore matchup vs a hungry Dallas team looking to destroy the 49ers

Beanie i think can do well vs the Skins D and he will get plenty of touches

Hightower, i actually think Hightower will have something to prove and have a very good game vs his former team although the Cards run D did look good last week

Call me crazy but im leaning towards Foster, Beanie and Hightower but its still very close and benching gore seems crazy but would love any input guys and remember WHIR
pommona22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bench Gore?? Need help on starting RB for Wk2 *WHIR*

Postby HotHandz305 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:09 am

I'm going to go out on a limb and I may be crazy too because I am leaning towards Foster, Wells, and T Tower.

Many reasons make me want to sit Gore.

-Both Wells and Tower have favorable match ups where as Gore doesn't.
-SF's passing game seems subpar so the defense may stack against the run where as Ari and Wash seem to be more well rounded.
-The Ari vs Wash match up will be a closer game where as I see Dallas maintaing a fair lead throughout the game creating a large pass to run ratio.
-Im a Wells/T Tower fan :).

With that said I may be the only one crazy enough to think so but I think both wells and timmy have the best probability of putting up numbers.

viewtopic.php?t=496561
Week 13 Roster
QB Tony Romo
WR1 Greg Jennings
WR2 Vincent Jax
RB1 Arian Foster
RB2 LeSean McCoy
TE Vernon Davis
Flex (W/R/T) Willis McGahee
K Billy Cundiff
DST GB
IDP Patrick Willis
BEN Roy Helu
BEN Fred Davis
BEN Stevie Johnson
BEN Pitt D/ST
HotHandz305
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Noeckett » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:25 am

I had Frank Gore as my starting back last season, and man is he fantasy cancer. Any defense worth its salt knows that Alex Smith can't sustain an offense, so if you stop Gore you stop San Fran. Dallas stuffed Shonn Greene last week (I know, he was my #2 back), and Gore is a similarly built RB so they'll probably keep him at bay as well. Plus, with as ugly as the Cowboy's loss was last week, they're bound to be sharp this week to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Another strike against Gore - he doesn't really share carries so he gets no relief and tends to lose his gusto as the game wears on. Plus, typically SF's offense ends up playing catch-up in the second half and is forced to abandon the run halfway through the 3rd quarter. Dallas's high-powered offense should prove no exception...depending on how bad Romo chokes this week, that is! : )

Hothandz is right, Arizona and Washington have very balanced offenses and favorable matchups. On paper, they should have more successful running games than Gore.

I'm stuck in a RB dilemma as well. Care to help me out? : ) viewtopic.php?t=496564
Noeckett
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby cloudwasher » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:04 am

I can see where it would make sense to bench Gore, but I would favor him slightly over Wells. Whisenhunt is notorious for always having offenses that are near the bottom of the league in terms of rushing plays per game. Wells got a good number of carries last week, but Im not convinced yet that it will become a trend. In SF they're going to have to run quite a bit considering how horrendous Alex Smith has been playing as of late, so I would take Gore every so slightly over Wells.
cloudwasher
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby pommona22 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:42 am

word i see all your points so really between gore and wells anybody else and remember whir...
pommona22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby phackney » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:06 am

pommona22 wrote:Hey guys Standard NON PPR 10 person team have to pick 3: Arian, Gore, Beanie, Hightower

Arian looks like hes playing so that is a lock for RB1

Not too fond of Gore matchup vs a hungry Dallas team looking to destroy the 49ers

Beanie i think can do well vs the Skins D and he will get plenty of touches

Hightower, i actually think Hightower will have something to prove and have a very good game vs his former team although the Cards run D did look good last week

Call me crazy but im leaning towards Foster, Beanie and Hightower but its still very close and benching gore seems crazy but would love any input guys and remember WHIR

I feel your pain man, I've had Gore the past 2 years, if they had any semblance to a passing game, Gore would be a monster, the D wouldn't have their attention locked on Gore. Watch Foster though, I don't think he's going to get a full workload this week, they don't need to, Tate is a stud. That's the only reason I'd play Gore over Foster. Taking everything into consideration though, the 3 you named are your best bet.

Please help: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=496872
phackney
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby chcbb » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:14 am

Bench gore ... For all the reasons already stated. Tough to bench a 'stud' but gotta go with the facts. The only thing to keep an eye on is Fosters injury status right up until the start of the game, in case there is a last minute change.
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Wells, Hightower and Foster. Just keep an eye on Fosters game time status.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby petedog9 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:13 pm

Careful with Foster. They are starting Ben Tate over him this week. Look for a RBBC at best. I would probaly start Gore just based on that alone and see what plays out in Houston... Could be the second coming of the Denver RBs a few years ago...

According to ESPN's John Clayton, Ben Tate appears likely to start against the Dolphins in Week 2 despite Arian Foster's (hamstring) return to practice this week.
We're wary of Clayton's injury updates because he often just guesses, so take this with a grain of salt. "It looks more apparent that Ben Tate is going to be the starting running back. And then they'd mix Foster in,"

viewtopic.php?t=496979
Last edited by petedog9 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Enrique Aguilar » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:14 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Wells, Hightower and Foster. Just keep an eye on Fosters game time status.

I'm in the same boat here. Gore will get the touches, its just going to be tough to get the yards. Bench Gore all the way. Nerve raking though. :-o
Enrique Aguilar Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench