Which WR's to start next week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Who to Start/Bench

Which WR's to start next week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which WR's to start next week?

Postby JJLinn » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:31 am

12-man PPR league...I have 6 WR's, can only start three out of these guys:

Larry Fitzgerald
Julio Jones
Devery Henderson
Lee Evans
Steve Breaston
Early Doucet

I got dealt a blow last week with Colston going down so I need a replacement. Fitzgerald is the only guaranteed start for me. Opinions?
JJLinn
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 17
Joined: 24 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which WR's to start next week?

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:30 am

JJLinn wrote:Larry Fitzgerald - no brainer
Julio Jones
Devery Henderson - no brainer under the circumstances
Lee Evans
Steve Breaston
Early Doucet - gut call, but it's pretty ugly
Image
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8164
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New to the "block"

Re: Which WR's to start next week?

Postby Noeckett » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:50 am

Agreed. Fitzgerald is the obvious #1. With Colston out, Henderson is sure to see more targets, and Brees showed last week that he can still pass the ball all day long. Start him #2. Jones has a TOUGH matchup against Philly's 3 elite corners, and the Falcons didn't get much done last week, so save him for another day. Evans has proven nothing in Baltimore yet. Breaston's talented, but KC got trounced by the lowly Bills last week and probably won't fare much better against Detroit. Kolb seems to be clicking with the Arizona offense, so I'd also pick Doucet for your #3.

Care to help with my RB / flex situation? My thread is here: viewtopic.php?t=496564
Noeckett
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 21
Joined: 4 Sep 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which WR's to start next week?

Postby Yceman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:08 am

Actually, I wouldn't trust Doucet yet, who hasn't done much in his career and has had problems staying healthy. Given your other options though.......blah I'd prolly still start Julio. A lot of attention is going to be on Roddy and Gonzo, so I see Jones getting some touches.
Yceman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 372
(Past Year: 19)
Joined: 5 Nov 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Which WR's to start next week?

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:00 am

Yceman wrote:Actually, I wouldn't trust Doucet yet, who hasn't done much in his career and has had problems staying healthy. Given your other options though.......blah I'd prolly still start Julio. A lot of attention is going to be on Roddy and Gonzo, so I see Jones getting some touches.


For the record, Julio has even less of a proven track record, and Doucet has a stud of decent ilk on his squad that will demand at least an occasional double team, too :-? ;-)
Image
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8164
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New to the "block"

Re: Which WR's to start next week?

Postby Yceman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:20 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
Yceman wrote:Actually, I wouldn't trust Doucet yet, who hasn't done much in his career and has had problems staying healthy. Given your other options though.......blah I'd prolly still start Julio. A lot of attention is going to be on Roddy and Gonzo, so I see Jones getting some touches.


For the record, Julio has even less of a proven track record, and Doucet has a stud of decent ilk on his squad that will demand at least an occasional double team, too :-? ;-)


Really? Doucet had only 3 targets and take away the 70 yd TD and that's 2 catches for 35 yards. Without that TD, he's on the waiver wire still this week in any league. How many leagues do you think Julio Jones is a FA in by comparison? Julio has no track record because he's a rookie so you can't even make a comparison there. All I'm saying is that Julio has hype and and he racked up 71 yards on 5 catches in his debut and he's only going to get better. Doucet had one good catch to inflate his stats. If he stays healthy and ends up being productive for the Cards, then good for him, but you should trust him yet after one game, especially after he's been a disappointment so far in his short career. Is Doucet flier-worthy? Certainly, but he hasn't earned a starter role yet on a fantasy team and I'd ride Julio this week before trusting him.
Yceman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 372
(Past Year: 19)
Joined: 5 Nov 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Which WR's to start next week?

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:30 am

Yceman wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
Yceman wrote:Actually, I wouldn't trust Doucet yet, who hasn't done much in his career and has had problems staying healthy. Given your other options though.......blah I'd prolly still start Julio. A lot of attention is going to be on Roddy and Gonzo, so I see Jones getting some touches.


For the record, Julio has even less of a proven track record, and Doucet has a stud of decent ilk on his squad that will demand at least an occasional double team, too :-? ;-)


Really? Doucet had only 3 targets and take away the 70 yd TD and that's 2 catches for 35 yards. Without that TD, he's on the waiver wire still this week in any league. How many leagues do you think Julio Jones is a FA in by comparison? Julio has no track record because he's a rookie so you can't even make a comparison there. All I'm saying is that Julio has hype and and he racked up 71 yards on 5 catches in his debut and he's only going to get better. Doucet had one good catch to inflate his stats. If he stays healthy and ends up being productive for the Cards, then good for him, but you should trust him yet after one game, especially after he's been a disappointment so far in his short career. Is Doucet flier-worthy? Certainly, but he hasn't earned a starter role yet on a fantasy team and I'd ride Julio this week before trusting him.


I think you missed the point. Neither are worthy of across-the-board trust or anything close to it. I was merely pointing out that you are basically "trusting" Jones for the exact same reason that was your argument against Doucet. Adding that he's a highly touted rookie and he isn't a FA in many leagues is hardly a reason for starting him either. I realize the OP is scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but if you want to argue semantics neither of these guys have earned "starter roles" in fantasy unless we're talking 16 teamer.
Image
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8164
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New to the "block"

Re: Which WR's to start next week?

Postby Yceman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:42 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
Yceman wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
For the record, Julio has even less of a proven track record, and Doucet has a stud of decent ilk on his squad that will demand at least an occasional double team, too :-? ;-)


Really? Doucet had only 3 targets and take away the 70 yd TD and that's 2 catches for 35 yards. Without that TD, he's on the waiver wire still this week in any league. How many leagues do you think Julio Jones is a FA in by comparison? Julio has no track record because he's a rookie so you can't even make a comparison there. All I'm saying is that Julio has hype and and he racked up 71 yards on 5 catches in his debut and he's only going to get better. Doucet had one good catch to inflate his stats. If he stays healthy and ends up being productive for the Cards, then good for him, but you should trust him yet after one game, especially after he's been a disappointment so far in his short career. Is Doucet flier-worthy? Certainly, but he hasn't earned a starter role yet on a fantasy team and I'd ride Julio this week before trusting him.


I think you missed the point. Neither are worthy of across-the-board trust or anything close to it. I was merely pointing out that you are basically "trusting" Jones for the exact same reason that was your argument against Doucet. Adding that he's a highly touted rookie and he isn't a FA in many leagues is hardly a reason for starting him either. I realize the OP is scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but if you want to argue semantics neither of these guys have earned "starter roles" in fantasy unless we're talking 16 teamer.


Fair enough, but Julio hasn't been injured yet and has played just one game, so there hasn't been a disappointment of expectations that came with Doucet and his 3 subpar seasons, so I really don't think you can compare the two. ..and I'm not trusting Julio at all. My reason for starting him was actually because Gonzo and Roddy will likely get more attention, not because I trusted him more. He isn't a must start by any means, but I do think he holds more value and potential until Doucet proves otherwise. OP can make his own choice -- Julio would be mine.
Yceman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 372
(Past Year: 19)
Joined: 5 Nov 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball


Return to Who to Start/Bench

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:07 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact