C Williams or L Blount? D Branch or B Gibson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

C Williams or L Blount? D Branch or B Gibson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

C Williams or L Blount? D Branch or B Gibson?

Postby MrMixx » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:39 am

Who should I start for week 2 in a non PPR league? Cadillac Williams or LaGarrette Blount? Also Deion Branch or Brandon Gibson?

Thanks for your input guys
MrMixx
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: C Williams or L Blount? D Branch or B Gibson?

Postby cloudwasher » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:00 am

I would go with Cadillac over Blount just because Blount seems to be in a committee that's going to hamper his production this year, and the Rams were using Cadillac even on 3rd down after SJax went down last week. He'll have more opportunities. As for WR, definitely go with Branch, as Gibson is a good potential sleeper for later in the season but at the moment he is somewhat of an unknown quantity.
cloudwasher
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby MrMixx » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:39 am

I was thinking the same thing about starting Cadillac but the number of looks that Gibson will get, now that Amendola is out, against the giants compared to branch against the chargers just got me going back and forth. Gibson did decent last week and with more targets could really be a good sleeper this week I think, branch did really well on Monday but Brady also threw some ridiculous amount too. Against the chargers this week it will be tempered some and with as many targets as Brady has it's hard to say how many looks branch will get. I know my brain says branch is the safer play and Gibson could totally flake this week but my gut says I'm going to regret not starting him for some reason lol What does everyone else think? Do you guys think I'm off my rocker for even considering Gibson right now?
MrMixx

Postby SouthernBallers » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:20 am

No! I hear you on that man. Cadillac seems to be the big dog right now as far as rb pickups cause wells and hightower went last week. Gibson might be a viable option man that's a tough decision. I'm going to look more into that because you've got a really good point and it actually might help me. On the other hand I did just finish watching last years pats and SD match up and Branch was a magnent for the ball, well branch , woodhead, and gronkowski however u spell it.
SouthernBallers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Yceman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:12 am

Caddy and Branch would be my choices
Yceman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby MrMixx » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:30 pm

Thanks for your input guys I think I'm going to go with Branch. I want to start Gibson but I just don't have enough info on him to warrant it this week. I'll let him simmer to full flavor on my bench for at least one more week
MrMixx

Return to Who to Start/Bench