Sneaky Play for Vince Young? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Sneaky Play for Vince Young?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sneaky Play for Vince Young?

Postby Mr.Joshua » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:40 am

I can't see Vick staying healthy all season, he took some big shots on Sunday. I also think Vince Young can be very productive with those weapons if he needs to step in. Is it worth dropping Ringer (my cj2k handcuff) or Hunter for Vince to see if this plays out? I know the Vick owner would be interested....what do you think?
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 226)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sneaky Play for Vince Young?

Postby mikemar » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:59 am

Who is more likely to get hurt?

CJ, Gore, or Vick

And which is harder to replace? I'd probably pick up Young and drop Ringer. While CJ may get hurt or a hammy, Gore is probably MORE likely to get hurt.

Mine if you can viewtopic.php?t=496592
mikemar
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 33)

Re: Sneaky Play for Vince Young?

Postby Chicago 2 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:57 am

Mr.Joshua wrote:I can't see Vick staying healthy all season, he took some big shots on Sunday. I also think Vince Young can be very productive with those weapons if he needs to step in. Is it worth dropping Ringer (my cj2k handcuff) or Hunter for Vince to see if this plays out? I know the Vick owner would be interested....what do you think?

I definitely agree that Vince Young has some value IF Vick goes down, he could very well start for some other teams in the league; easy to say when you look at the situation in Seattle as anyone is a better option :-b

Matt Ryan is a good QB, but will he really be your best option every week? I feel people underestimate the value of having a backup QB, there seems to be an assumption that your top QBs will stay healthy and produce every week, in such a physical league this just isn't the case. Guys like Rodgers and Cutler missed a game last year because of a concussion, Vick as your well aware missed a couple, Brady was out for the season in '08 and then there is Manning...

To me it would be more valuable for you to have a starting QB on your bench that you could consider as an alternative play to Matt Ryan if he has a tough matchup rather than add Young and wait for that spot start if the opportunity arises.

As for who I'd drop? Between Hunter and Ringer, CJ has never been injured to my knowledge, but there always is that possibility considering he isn't in shape. The Titans seem to be doing a good job with easing him back slowly, however; I wouldn't recommend dropping Ringer. CJ is going up against a very physical Ravens defense, I'd cross my fingers. Gore is another guy who can't seem to stay healthy and Hunter looks like a solid replacement if Gore goes down, which could be at any time, I'd also hold onto him.

I would honestly drop PT, there doesn't seem to be a go to player in the Saints backfield, you have PT, Ingram and Sproles. Chicago is a tough matchup, I think you can get away with dropping him for this week as I don't see him doing anything relevant that warrants somebody picking him up.

You could even just wait till week 3 and by then you should have a clear idea of the scraps are on your team.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions