Thomas OR Knox +Addai for D.Thomas & S.Moss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Thomas OR Knox +Addai for D.Thomas & S.Moss

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thomas OR Knox +Addai for D.Thomas & S.Moss

Postby MAXIMIS » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:51 am

LEAGUE #1(12 TEAM NO PPR, QB GETS 3 PTS FOR TD'S AND 1 PT PER 20 PASS YDS. START 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 W/R FLEX, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEFENSE)
QB: Philip Rivers: Mark Sanchez
RB: Jamaal Charles, Javid Best, Fred Jackson, Reggie Bush, Joseph Addai, Caddy Williams
WR: Vincent Jackson, Mike Thomas, Plax Burress, Johnny Knox
TE: Dallas Clark
K: Bryant ATL
D: New Orleans

He gives up
Santana Moss & Dan Thomas
for
My Addai AND EITHER Johnny Knox or Mike Thomas (my choice)

WHIR leave a link!!!
MAXIMIS
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thomas OR Knox +Addai for D.Thomas & S.Moss

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:00 am

Take the deal and give up Addai and Knox.

Santana will put up nice numbers for you and Daniel Thomas you don't really need, but you didn't need Addai either.........and of the 2, Thomas really has the most upside IMO.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dpav25 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:09 am

Take the deal absolutely... Moss is still a great receiver and will put up 9-10 TD this yr... I think if Roy Williams is hurt you keep johnny Knox, if not you keep Thomas... I agree with the other post that you don't need Addai, but also dont forget Reggie is about as durable as a paper bag in the rain... He goes down Dan thomas fills right in, he's more of an insurance policy for you
dpav25
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby rclement3915 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:30 am

id def do it.

Addai is on his last leg imo... dude hasnt done anything special in years and with no Manning...its only a matter of time before they go with Carter and see what he can bring to the table. Knox is a borderline WR4 imo.

Moss is still a speedy WR that gets targets and catches weekly as the #1 WR. When Shannahan is the coach, your going to run the ball, which always opens up plays down field... grab moss and he becomes your wr2/3.
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Chicago 2 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:31 am

I would absolutely take this deal and give up Knox.

I know Mike Thomas value has sort of taken a hit but you have to be encouraged after week 1, McCown looked OK and Thomas was targeted 11 times, albeit vs. a crummy pass defense. Name me a Bears WR that has put up consistent production in the past? The list is very short and Martz likes to spread the ball around, one week it could be Bennett, the next Roy, etc. Regardless, you won't play Knox and your getting Santana Moss who should start right away at your WR2 slot. Grossman looked really good week 1 and Moss has generally been a consistent performer no matter who is behind the center, he is an upgrade over Thomas, Knox and Plax.

It is unfortunate Manning got hurt because I liked Addai coming into the year, you have a number of other options in Jackson, Charles, Best and Bush that you really don't need Addai. Bush isn't a very valuable Non-PPR league player and he is injury prone. As soon as Bush goes down, Thomas will step right in, I'd take the risk on his upside and stash him on your bench until Reggie is unseated from the starters role. Even if it doesn't work out Moss upgrades your WR core.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby MAXIMIS » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Thanks boys. I HAVE ACCEPTED THE DEAL & sold Addai & Knox (who I had just picked up off free agents anyways) for Santana & D.Thomas. I was leaning toward the deal but it always helps to hear it from neutral parties who are into this game too. Good luck to you all!!
MAXIMIS
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions