Which guy at WR4 for the rest of the year? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Which guy at WR4 for the rest of the year? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which guy at WR4 for the rest of the year? WHIR

Postby Sex Panther » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:00 pm

10 team, full PPR, 10/1 rec yards, +1 @ 100/+2 @ 150/+3 @ 200 stacking yardage bonuses, +1 40+ yard catch, +1 40+ TD catch (stacks).

Roster QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/F(W/R/T)/K/D

QB Stafford/Fitzpatrick
WR Nicks/Welker/Britt/Collie
RB Rice/Gore/Greene/Sproles/Williams (HC)/Hunter (HC)
TE Gronkowski/Hernandez
K Rackers
D Green Bay

We drafted 8/28, I landed Peyton in the 6th (which I thought was a steal, felt even better when he was activated from the PUP list the following day, down hill from then - here nor there).

I drafted Collie well aware of the injury/concussion history, but figured he was well worth that risk considering who I thought would be tossing him the rock, felt even better where I landed him & with the 3 guys ahead of him in my WR heirachy...

I'm hesitant to drop him him for the following reasons - Indy is still relatively loaded at the skill positions, Collins is a veteran QB who is no where near as bad as he showed last week (you don't end up 10th on the all time passing yardage list if you suck), IMo Indy is going to be better than they showed last week - they are either going to be competitive vs other mediocre to bad teams (CLE, CIN, KC, TEN, JAX, etc), or they are going to be throwing when they are getting handled by good teams (HOU, SD, NE, etc), they play in a division full of traditionally bad secondarys... That said, he does have the aforementioned injury history, he did post a goose egg week 1 (but he had been held of practice for a couple weeks w/ foot issues), and the only guy I truly "trust" on that offense is Wayne...

The guy I'm looking to replace him w/ is Burelson - again not exactly a model of health, but he's the starting WR opposite of one of the most dangerous weapons in the NFL (who also has the coolest nickname) - Calvin "Megatron" Johnson, Stafford is the goods (as long as he's healthy), Detroit is going to score a ton - their D line is going to force some turnovers, but their secondary is going to give up some big plays, Best may be explosive, but their running game is (in all likelyhood) going to be pedestrian - Detroit is going to be a fantasy buffet IMO.

I know some will say drop Williams or Hunter - but I'm not ready to go all in week 2. Sproles isn't an option either, and I need Stafford insurance just in case.

So, the only moveable piece I have ATM is Collie...

Long post short Collie or Burelson from here on out?

Thanks & WHIR.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which guy at WR4 for the rest of the year? WHIR

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Burleson will have more consistent numbers, IMO.

I wouldn't be holding on to any Colts based on their "potential".
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Which guy at WR4 for the rest of the year? WHIR

Postby rclement3915 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:22 pm

i agree... i think Burleson has a much better chance at producing that Collie does without Manning.
Unless its Wayne or Clark, i wouldnt hold onto ANY colts imo.

Plus. IF Manning is eligible to return in say 3 months, Indy is likely to be in such bad shape, it would be stupid for Indy to risk his career for a few meaningless games imo.

help me out:
viewtopic.php?t=496648
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions