Just got CJ2K/Braylon for Best/Manningham in PPR. Vetoable? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Just got CJ2K/Braylon for Best/Manningham in PPR. Vetoable?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just got CJ2K/Braylon for Best/Manningham in PPR. Vetoable?

Postby GeneralTsou » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Just accepted a trade where I give up Jahvid Best and Mario Manningham for Chris Johnson and Braylon Edwards. Braylon is just a throw-in. I didn't ask for him. He needed to unload a roster spot so this is really a 2-for-1. Did I pull the trigger too quick? This is a 12-team PPR. My new lineup would be:

RB1 Chris Johnson
RB2 Darren McFadden
WR1 Calvin Johnson
WR2 Kenny Britt
RB/WR flex Mark Ingram

UPDATE: Seems like some members in the league are trying to convince everyone to veto the trade because they think the trade is too lopsided. I think they are scared of my potential starting lineup. If the trade gets vetoed because they got a majority to vote against, is this something I have a right to bitch about it to the commissioner. I feel like trades should only be vetoed if there is obvious collusion (which this is clearly not). Do people have the right to vote for ANY reason?
Last edited by GeneralTsou on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12-team PPR

QB: Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick
RB: Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball
WR: Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon
TE: Martellus Bennett
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Cleveland
GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just got CJ2K/Braylon for Best/Manningham in PPR. Did I

Postby dude,micah » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:12 pm

leaves you a little weak at flex but yeah i think you won people are giving up on CJ2K too soon
QB: Philip Rivers
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Miles Austin
RB: Tim Hightower
TE: Brandon Pettigrew
WR/RB/TE: Kenny Britt
K: Alex Henery
DEF: Detroit
Bench
RB:Mark Ingram
WR: Percy Harvin
RB:CJ spiller
QB: Chad Henne
dude,micah
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Yceman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Braylon isn't useable, so it's basically a 2-for-1. I do agree that people are giving up on CJ2K too quickly, but Best has a decent chance to compete with him for value, making giving up Manningham a bonus for the other guy. Still, if Best gets hurt....like he normally does (and coaches aren't helping by making him a workhorse), I'd take CJ2K over Manningham any day. It really doesn't matter now that you've already pulled the trigger, but I still think you did well overall. Run DMC and CJ2K is a nice 1-2 punch and your WRs are solid! The flex spot will be rotated from week to week and Ingram isn't bad.
Yceman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby GeneralTsou » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:17 pm

Yceman wrote:Braylon isn't useable, so it's basically a 2-for-1. I do agree that people are giving up on CJ2K too quickly, but Best has a decent chance to compete with him for value, making giving up Manningham a bonus for the other guy. Still, if Best gets hurt....like he normally does (and coaches aren't helping by making him a workhorse), I'd take CJ2K over Manningham any day. It really doesn't matter now that you've already pulled the trigger, but I still think you did well overall. Run DMC and CJ2K is a nice 1-2 punch and your WRs are solid! The flex spot will be rotated from week to week and Ingram isn't bad.

I did pull the trigger but I think my league is trying to veto because they feel it's a lopsided trade
12-team PPR

WR: Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon
GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby rclement3915 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:20 pm

yes you won... and whoever traded you Johnson shou ;-D
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby britdevine » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:38 pm

GeneralTsou wrote:
Yceman wrote:Braylon isn't useable, so it's basically a 2-for-1. I do agree that people are giving up on CJ2K too quickly, but Best has a decent chance to compete with him for value, making giving up Manningham a bonus for the other guy. Still, if Best gets hurt....like he normally does (and coaches aren't helping by making him a workhorse), I'd take CJ2K over Manningham any day. It really doesn't matter now that you've already pulled the trigger, but I still think you did well overall. Run DMC and CJ2K is a nice 1-2 punch and your WRs are solid! The flex spot will be rotated from week to week and Ingram isn't bad.

I did pull the trigger but I think my league is trying to veto because they feel it's a lopsided trade

This is not close to a vetoable trade.

If it was CJ2k for Braylon, then yes, but this trade isnt even close
britdevine
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby GeneralTsou » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:24 pm

britdevine wrote:
GeneralTsou wrote:

This is not close to a vetoable trade.

If it was CJ2k for Braylon, then yes, but this trade isnt even close

That's the way I feel about vetoes also. Should only be allowed to prevent obvious collusion. How do I make the argument to the commish to push the trade through? I am certain it will get vetoed otherwise
12-team PPR

GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby c0megets0me » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Wow, if that goes through its a great deal for you.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby agilewm » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Dont love it because its ppr, but cj is a monster and you never know when he goes off.
10 team ppr w big play bonuses

QB E. Manning
RB C Johnson, Forte, Sproles
WR Marshall, A.Brown, Decker
TE Finley
DEF Houston,
K M.Bryant
Bench: D.Brown, M.Bush, J.Rodgers, Amendola, D.Moore, Flacco
agilewm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Just got CJ2K/Braylon for Best/Manningham in PPR. Vetoab

Postby GeneralTsou » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:56 pm

UPDATE: Seems like a few members of the league are trying to convince people to veto the trade because they think the trade is "too lopsided". I don't think this is lopsided at all. Best has CJ-type upside in a PPR and is getting 25 touches a game in a better offense. I think they are scared of my potential starting lineup. If the trade gets vetoed because they got a majority to vote against, is this something I have a right to bitch about it to the commissioner. I feel like trades should only be vetoed if there is obvious collusion (which this is clearly not). Do people have the right to vote for ANY reason?
12-team PPR

GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions