WDIS at WR/RB/TE flex?

Moderator: Football Moderators

WDIS at WR/RB/TE flex?

Postby delfam » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Addai @ Cleveland
Ingram @ Chicago
Gresham @ Denver
Bess @ Houston

Addai has the best matchup, Ingram has the most upside, Bess is the most inconsistent, and Gresham is the wildcard. I'm leaning Addai since he plays Cleveland or maybe Gresham since it seems Dalton is playing and he loves his TE. Thoughts?
delfam
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: WDIS at WR/RB/TE flex?

Postby blubomber17 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Addai. Safest bet.
blubomber17
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: WDIS at WR/RB/TE flex?

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:05 pm

Addai: The Colts NEED to run to give Collins time, they fell behind early and had to abandon the run early last week, but they arent lining up against the Texans again. I think they'll be able to run against the Browns, but that being said, they are still a pass first team and have many many weapons to utilize.

Ingram: I love Ingram, he's got the most upside out of any of the players listed. From the looks of it he's getting the goalline carries and Sean Peyton seems to trust him as he gave him the ball with the game on the line. He didnt get as much work as he should as the Saints fell behind early and were playing catchup the whole time. He is in a committee so that will bring his value down some, and it seems the Saints prefer both PT and Sproles in passing downs. I don't love the matchup, as the Bears tend to shut down straight ahead runners, but Turner did fairly well last week, and the Falcons dont have Brees.

Gresham: TE's are always going to be safety blankets for QB's, and if Daulton is in there he seems to know exactly where Gresham is every down. They are playing Denver however, and thus I think the Broncos will see a heavy dose of Ced Benson this week. I think in the red zone the Bengals will be run heavy, Gresham may get a play action pass TD down there.

Bess: Bess is a great PPR option, as you say he's inconsistant, I'd guess you arent in a ppr league. I would not start, or think about Bess in a non ppr format. In a ppr format he becomes more interesting as he seems to come up with about 5 catches for around 50-70 yards, which is pretty solid in ppr.

I think, if it were my team, I'd go with Ingram, and hope he cashes in a few red zone TD's. I think he'll be good for around 50 yards rushing, but I think he's probably the highest % on scoring out of any Saint RB. Gresham is probably safe for about 50 and a possibly a score. Addai may end up with more yards, but the Colts like to pass, and if they get down, which is a possiblity, they'll be throwing and Addai will be kept in to pass block.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=496742
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Return to Who to Start/Bench