WR Help! ** 100% WHIR **

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Need 2 in a standard non ppr league. Options are:

Maclin @ ATL
D. Byrant @ SF
Ju Jones vs. PHI
L. Moore @ CHI
N. Burleson vs. KC

I think Dez is a nobrainer if he plays, Jerry says he's good to go, so I think he'll be fine. After that I'm torn, Maclin doesnt look like he's back to his old self yet, but the Eagles are supposed to try to air it out a bit more this week and ATL has traditionally not been too good against the pass. Julio looked okay last week, but I'm not sure how he's going to do with whoever the Eagles throw at him. Moore if he's back I really like, the Bears tend to give up yard to slot type guys. Burleson seems like he has a really good matchup considering how much the Lions like to throw and how bad KC looked last week against the Bills. For right now I think its Dez>Nate>Moore>Julio>Maclin.

who would you start and why?

as always, leave a link and I'll help!!!
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR Help! ** 100% WHIR **

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:51 pm

Me think u R TRYING too hardz. Just start Maclin and Dez and move on. They are clearly the two best you got.

Okay afer I wrote what I wrote up top here I read your entire post. I guess I didnt realize Maclin had an off game. Did he just not get the balls thrown his way or was his total snap count lower cause hes not in great shape yet? Cause I really think Maclin is better than those other guys. Ill admit though I dont know how he looked and I dont know much about why he was even out in the first place.....

If you dont go Maclin then I think Burleson is your next best bet. Calvin draws the coverage and the Lions pass A TON. Red zone included. 2ND and goal from the 2. They pass alot. Mix that together with how bad Buffalo made KC look and I think Burleson should be in for a good game.

Good luck either way!!1

If you reply with whats up with Maclin ill read it.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby WTA » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:55 pm

I like Lance Moore over Burleson... Saints should be in another shootout and Moore has been one of Brees' favorite targets (frustrating this longtime Colston owner quite a bit) and should see even more with Colston sidelined...
WTA
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:01 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Me think u R TRYING too hardz. Just start Maclin and Dez and move on. They are clearly the two best you got.

Okay afer I wrote what I wrote up top here I read your entire post. I guess I didnt realize Maclin had an off game. Did he just not get the balls thrown his way or was his total snap count lower cause hes not in great shape yet? Cause I really think Maclin is better than those other guys. Ill admit though I dont know how he looked and I dont know much about why he was even out in the first place.....

If you dont go Maclin then I think Burleson is your next best bet. Calvin draws the coverage and the Lions pass A TON. Red zone included. 2ND and goal from the 2. They pass alot. Mix that together with how bad Buffalo made KC look and I think Burleson should be in for a good game.

Good luck either way!!1

He had some sort of lymphoma or something that caused him to drop some weight and obviously he was unable to practice for the entire preseason. He only had, I believe 2 catches for 20 yards, I cant speak to snap count but I know his targets were down. I'm thinking Burleson as well, although if Moore is healthy I think he'll do well as he and Brees have a nice raport
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Coppa » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Maclin seems like he is going to need another week to get back in the game. He is a possible WR2 option, but comes with the risk that he still won't perform. With that in mind I'd definitely start Dez. As a WR2 I'd go with Burleson. With Stafford, the Lions are going pass-heavy and KC will need their best men on Calvin to try and shut him down, leaving Burleson to get some good looks.

Help on mine:
viewtopic.php?t=496748
Coppa
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

prophecy135 wrote:
latsprewell20002000 wrote:Me think u R TRYING too hardz. Just start Maclin and Dez and move on. They are clearly the two best you got.

Good luck either way!!1

He had some sort of lymphoma or something that caused him to drop some weight and obviously he was unable to practice for the entire preseason. He only had, I believe 2 catches for 20 yards, I cant speak to snap count but I know his targets were down. I'm thinking Burleson as well, although if Moore is healthy I think he'll do well as he and Brees have a nice raport

Okay cool, thanks. Yeah everything I ever saw was undisclosed sickness or some crap. Burleson over Moore IMO. I just get scared starting Saints. They are both fairly decent plays.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby prophecy135 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:47 pm

bump!!

Does Dez not practicing at all this week and Jerry coming down off his "Dez is going to play" comment effect anyone's opinion?? I think the biggest problem is that he's probably a legit questionable, and he's in the late games. So my options are play Burleson, put Dez in and check his status, if he's out, play Maclin. Or I can roll with Maclin and Dez, but if Dez doesnt play, I have to go with Julio Jones in his place.

What's everyones opinion??

Leave a link!
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Return to Who to Start/Bench