My Hightower for Colston? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

My Hightower for Colston? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

My Hightower for Colston? WHIR

Postby angels7777 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:08 pm

Team is sig... not sure if I should hang onto Hightower so I can see what happens with Greene's situation yet again this year... I could use another WR and I think I have enough depth to wait out the injury...
10 tms
.5 PPR, 6 pts for pass TD

QB- Cam
WR- AJ Green, J. Nelson, J. Gordon
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

BN- Chris Johnson, Blackmon, M. Brown, L. Bell, Randle, Rivers, Spiller
angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 232)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Hightower for Colston? WHIR

Postby hbs » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:17 pm

I think Hightower will have a pretty decent year. Colston is out for a few and may be a bit slow when coming back. I'd think about aiming for a different WR if you'd like to shop around.

viewtopic.php?t=496787
hbs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:22 pm

Normally I would ask you if you are crazy or just new to fantasy football. However I can see why you want to trade a back cause you have 4 good ones and most likely one of them will never see the field for you. At the same time Colston aint getting on the field for you either. I dont really have a clue as to how you got Andre, Calvin and Wallace. AND McCoy.

Must be an 8 man league is my guess. I would recommend keeping what you have cause you will most likely win the league with no problems. Or try trading Hightower and Mendenhall to an owner that only has one stud running back. If you could swing something like Hightower and Mendy for Foster or ADP that would work..

But for players that are not going to see the field and are just insurance I would rather have running backs. So I would rather keep Hightower than trade for a broken down injury prone Colston.

Good luck either way man!!

If you read my first post before i re did it, I didnt mean to sound like an ass.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby WTA » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:29 pm

Yeah your WR's are already solid and Colston would only crack your starting lineup in your flex spot, but a RB like Hightower is gonna be much more consistent in that spot week to week than Colston would be.

^Would be my advice even if Colston was perfectly healthy. Injury situation only compounds it...
WTA
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Jeff Kearns » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:36 pm

Definitely not. Even if Colston wasn't injured, you already have great receivers. Hightower offers you better depth than Colston and Colston doesn't have much value anyway even when healthy just due to how the offense runs.
Jeff Kearns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)

Postby angels7777 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:55 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Good luck either way man!!

If you read my first post before i re did it, I didnt mean to sound like an ass.

I missed your quote earlier, but now you understand where I am coming from. It's a 10 team league. I had pick #10-11 whiere I took MCoy and AJ (the rest of the league loves 1st round QB), then I proceeded to draft Mike Wallace and V-Jax in rounds 3-4. I traded my Mario Manningham for Mike Williams (TB) because this guy's WR all had week 8 byes (so I used that to my advantage to get the better player. I then traded V-Jax and Mike Thomas to a Chargers fan for Calvin Johnson (his other WR were Colston, Lance Moore, and Autin Collie) so again using another team's weakness to my advantage. The last deal (pobably even and I may regret it but I felt I was getting the best player) was trading Mike Williams and Felix Jones for Mendehall and Julio Jones. I felt like if one of my WR got hurt, Julio Jones is a solid replacement at best so I was trying to upgrade at WR by using my RB5, who I don't trust 100%. And to top it all off, this is a $50 buy in money league.

The team I am playing this week has Brady, Mike Williams, Ochocinco, Garcon, Felix Jones, Cedric Benson, McFadden, and Jermichael Finley (and his bench is complete garbage). Does this team have a shot at beating me this week? Or do my top nothch WR trump the week for me since he has 2 potential big holes in Ochocinco and Garcon?
10 tms

QB- Cam
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 232)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby angels7777 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:59 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Normally I would ask you if you are crazy or just new to fantasy football. However I can see why you want to trade a back cause you have 4 good ones and most likely one of them will never see the field for you. At the same time Colston aint getting on the field for you either. I dont really have a clue as to how you got Andre, Calvin and Wallace. AND McCoy.

Must be an 8 man league is my guess. I would recommend keeping what you have cause you will most likely win the league with no problems. Or try trading Hightower and Mendenhall to an owner that only has one stud running back. If you could swing something like Hightower and Mendy for Foster or ADP that would work..

But for players that are not going to see the field and are just insurance I would rather have running backs. So I would rather keep Hightower than trade for a broken down injury prone Colston.

Good luck either way man!!

ADP owner has Hillis, S-Jax, Sproles, Tolbert so he is pretty stacked.
Foster owner won't deal him PERIOD because he did well in the league last year (but finished 4th in playoffs) and drafted him yet again. And also the Ray Rice owner will not trade him PERIOD.
Any other RB who might be worth overpaying for in a 10 teamer to get the best player? CJ, Charles (not all that high on him myself)???
10 tms

QB- Cam
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

angels7777
Head Coach