WR Help: L.Moore/ R.Meachem/ D.Henderson or Amendola... WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

WR Help: L.Moore/ R.Meachem/ D.Henderson or Amendola... WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR Help: L.Moore/ R.Meachem/ D.Henderson or Amendola... WHIR

Postby rclement3915 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:39 pm

10 team, non keeper,PPR league, 1pt 15yds rec
I Currently have Danny Amendola as my WR5. He's likely out at least 6 weeks with a dislocated elbow, but before the injury I was pretty high on him as a solid WR3/4 in the PPR format. I have 2IR slots, 1 which has Peyton Manning sitting in it, the other Id like to keep open just incase one of my studs goes down.

My question is, who would you rather have for the duration of this season:
Keep Amendola?, Robert Meachem , Lance Moore (groin) or Devery Henderson???

My other 4 WR are:
Vincent Jackson
Miles Austin
Santana Moss
Dez Bryant

looking ahead, ill need at least 1 WR for week 5 barring a trade considering i have both Austin n Bryant(7th round)...Saints face the Panthers which is a beatable matchup for NO. I dont wanna work the wire constantly, as each transaction costs $2. Would you cut ties with Danny for one of the above? or should I IR him and release Peyton Manning ( i have big ben and fitz as my QB's)

Insight and thoughts are appreciated, and ill glady return the favor....leave link(s)
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR Help: L.Moore/ R.Meachem/ D.Henderson or Amendola...

Postby TurkeyTime » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:50 pm

From what i've read, Amendola isn't necessarily going to be out for that long.

You asked who I would rather have for the duration of the season, and that eliminates 2 choices off the bat for me (Meachem and Henderson) Once Colston comes back from his collarbone injury, and Moore returns, Meachem and Henderson will become 3rd and 4th options (and we all know how well those work in New Orleans)

IF Amendola is only out for a few weeks, I would keep him. I was high on him before the season, especially in a PPR league.
Moore is a solid option also, but I would rather have a #1 WR on a team than a #2.

I also have Peyton Manning, so thats a tough decision. If the Colts aren't in contention for the playoffs when he is eligible to return, I doubt they bring him back, which would risk injuring his neck further this season. Tough position to be in, whether to hold him or release, but im in the same boat.

Just my opinion... Help on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=496817
TurkeyTime
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Bo Knows 2009 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:52 pm

yeah thats a tough call.

1st, monitor the status with Manning and Colston. With Manning we honestly don't know if he's going to be back this season (eg. so much speculation as to the day, but from what is being said, he had more neck surgery).

Me, I would drop Manning. period. This is coming from strictly a numbers and points perspective. A healthy QB = fantasy points machine. You clear up room and save an IR slot for the "what if's" as the season goes on....

Keep Colston. Though Brees spreads the ball look at the numbers in terms of receptions, yds, Td's they all favor Colston within the receiving corp, but not by much. Colston is likely out 4 weeks? i give it 3 or even less depending on the severity of the bone bruise. If its a deep bruise its 4 weeks which means he was better off breaking it, i hate to say. If it is a light contusion then it would be less for sure.

2nd, Once Put Amendola on IR, keep him there until more coverage comes in as to if the dislocation is bad and needs corrective surgery or if its playable. at least with Colston, the collar bone has no major concern over ligaments and tendons as opposed to the elbow....

hope this helps.
Bo Knows 2009 Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby agilewm » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Keep danny if not lance i think will be the best fit.
10 team ppr w big play bonuses

QB E. Manning
RB C Johnson, Forte, Sproles
WR Marshall, A.Brown, Decker
TE Finley
DEF Houston,
K M.Bryant
Bench: D.Brown, M.Bush, J.Rodgers, Amendola, D.Moore, Flacco
agilewm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby glackk » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:41 pm

yeah Amendola could be useful later in the season, after week 6. I'd just keep him on the roster and leave the IR spot in case you need it later. Out of the other options, the only other one I'd consider is Moore, but I'd still take Amendola, as I think he has the best shot to be a startable WR. Stay put.
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby nimzox » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks for your thoughts on mine. I would definitely go with Meachem. He's a big play type of guy, and with Colston out, he will be a full time starter for a while. (I have him on my team and I'm thinking of starting him at the flex position this week) Good luck!
nimzox
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby rclement3915 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:10 am

Bump for today.
Will help in return.
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions