I'm stumped at RB2 for this week - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

I'm stumped at RB2 for this week - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'm stumped at RB2 for this week - WHIR

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Hey guys. I'm in a pickle right now for who to start at my RB2. My league is a .5PPR league -- with touchdowns worth 6 points and rushing/receiving yards are worth 1 point (bonus at 135)

Options (Pick 1 to pair with McCoy):

Mark Ingram vs. Chicago - They clearly trust the guy with the ball. He had 13 of 19 carries last week vs. a stout GBP defense - including the ball from the 1 yard line to end the game.

Knowshon Moreno vs. Cincinnati - Who even knows if he is going to play this week? That 50/50 split between him and McGahee is also kind of scary. I haven't given up complete hope yet after his lousy performance in week 1 vs. a good front 7 of the raiders.

Joseph Addai vs. Cleveland - He ran well last week, but they got blown out early so they had to abandon the run.

Johnathan Stewart vs. Green Bay - I can't wait until they finalize realize he is the better back between him and DeAngelo. He's not even in consideration this week.

Right now I am leaning towards Mark Ingram, but that can all change. Leave me a link and I'll get back to you. Thanks ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I'm stumped at RB2 for this week - WHIR

Postby Ipm4325 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:02 pm

I would go with Addai here.... only because of the matchup. Collins is really having trouble and I can see them handing the ball off alot against Cleveland. Addai will probably do well here.
Ipm4325
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dolfan19 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:08 pm

I would go Addai. Indy isn't likely to get blown out again, and even if they have to pass, he is still good for catching dump passes. Greenbay and Chicago both have pretty good defenses and those RBs are in RBBCs. I think he's likely to have at least 75 total yards and a good chance for a TD.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:03 am

Forgot to add.. Michael Turner ran 10 times for 100 yards last week vs. Chicago.. This is one reason why I am leaning towards Ingram as well. If ATL didn't fall so far behind so quickly, he could have been in for a monster game.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby pommona22 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:10 am

I feel your pain off all mentioned i would go with addai slightly above ingram. Ingrams touches will be limited with sproles and there is still a guy named pierre thomas as well, addai did good with his limited touches and think this will be a much more competitive game and he will also catch some balls out of the backfield as well and knowshown is dinged up and we dont even know he will play this week its close between ingram and addai but i would go addai this week.
Help with mine? Thanks!
viewtopic.php?t=496559
pommona22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby HomerJay » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:40 am

First off.....take Moreno off the boards. He's injured...he can't hang on to the football...blah blah blah = he sucks. Seriously....I want to slap his mother he's so bad. DO NOT DRINK the MORENO KOOL-AID...just end it.

Which leaves Ingram, Addai and Stewart.

Targets from week 1:
Ingram = 0
Addai = 4
Stewart =3

On paper Stewart and Ingram have tough matchups...

My gut.....Ingram. He's on a offensive that can score and will. Bottom line.....Addai is simply on a sinking ship.

Roll Ingram.

good luck ;-D
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:08 pm

HomerJay wrote:On paper Stewart and Ingram have tough matchups...

My gut.....Ingram. He's on a offensive that can score and will. Bottom line.....Addai is simply on a sinking ship.

Roll Ingram.

good luck ;-D

Agreed. It has to be between Ingram and Addai. Like you said, Addai is on sinking ship and last week the Saints and Sean Payton showed that they have all the faith in the world in rookie Mark Ingram. He had 13 of the 19 carries vs. a good D. I'm going to end up going with Ingram this week, I believe. The Bears didn't prove they could stop the run last week. Hopefully Ingram can find the end zone.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby D ROCK » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:19 pm

I'm going Ingram here. he WILL be the goal line back and i feel that he will score this week. rookie in his first home game... they're looking to get him in
D ROCK
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dmbhawker » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:37 pm

i'd go addia, benson ran all over cin. last week. and i would think indy would run the ball to keep the score low and not rely on old man qb. NO backfield is a mess, it could be sproles and ________. (fill in the blank) i thought thomas looked better last week the few plays he was in. Carolina won't have a chance to run the ball. and no-show knowshon answers in his name.

Please help: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=496994
qb-ryan
qb-kolb
rb-foster
rb-ryan matthews
wr-megatron
wr-fitzgerald
wr-aj green
te-gates
flex/bn- helu, tate, wells, moss, yates,
def-cin

GO CORNHUSKERS!!
dmbhawker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Fancycash34 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Stewart and Knowshon are both out of the question here so it comes down to Ingram v. Addai and that’s a tough call. Indy’s game plan right now should be run first and short quick passes. I expect Addai to get a healthy work load on Sunday but Im scared that they’re going to use Carter a lot as well. Addai had 8 carries last week to Carter’s 7. I also don’t think Indy is going to find the end zone more than twice this week and I would bet more money that they go to Reggie or Dallas before Addai. Because of these factors, I think I would start Ingram here. Turner is a better back but he did have 100 yards on just 10 carries last week. Plus, Ingram had 13 carries compared to Thomas’ 5 (although IMO Thomas looked better) and Ingram got the goal line work. I’d expect Ingram to put up 60-70 yards + 1TD which is what really counts. I’d roll Ingram

Help with mine? Thanks! viewtopic.php?t=496946
Fancycash34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench