Jermichael Finley still a solid starter? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jermichael Finley still a solid starter?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Jermichael Finley still a solid starter?

Postby The Lung » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Any doubt after today? :-b
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Obviously I think the biggest question right now for the guys isn't who's going to produce, just a matter of finding out who to trade and who's wanting to trade with you for either of them. A Gates owner might be a good target. Gronk had a strong day too but I think it's a decision of who's offense you want to tie yourself too. Finley's athletic and matchup issue is a big positive in his direction but I think both guys will produce.

Everyone should remember not to freak out until someone isn't producing for 4-5 weeks on what to do. The season is 16 weeks long. Obviously you don't have the luxury of sample sizes of baseball, but the premise is still there. You trust the guys that have the ability to figure it out. Finley is one of those guys, he's a beast in the Packer's offense and will be a key contributor for the rest of the year.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:54 pm

Yeah this past game really surprised me. I mean I knew he was good but hes an absolute MONSTER. I dont own him in any leagues but I wish i did lol. Hes like Calvin at TE. Sort of... Okay hes not Calvin but you get the idea..
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby joejlitz » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:53 pm

As good as he is, he sucks from a fantasy perspective this year. Disappointing. :-t

I'd want him on my football team, but not my fantasy team.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:00 pm

joejlitz wrote:As good as he is, he sucks from a fantasy perspective this year. Disappointing. :-t

Yup, since that huge game hes been almost nothing. Maybe Rodgers doesnt like him that much?
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:43 am

joejlitz wrote:As good as he is, he sucks from a fantasy perspective this year. Disappointing. :-t

Very true statement.

Rodgers throwing for 300+ a game & Finley being such a small part of the week in - week out is a bit baffling.

2 targets today... granted he caught them both, and 1 went for a TD, but even with the TD he put up a very mediocre fantasy number.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:49 am

Sex Panther wrote:No he's not a solid starter - he's an unstoppable force at his position.

The only thing that makes him matchup proof is injury concerns - he has never shown the aptitude to stay healthy.

When he does manage to play 16 games he'll end up with a high end WR's stat line... 80/12/1000, something along those lines.

I need to revise this statement...

He is among the most frustrating players to own in fantasy.

Is he one of the premire TE's in football? Yes.

Is he a vital cog in the Packers juggernaught of an offense? Yes, perhaps the 2nd most important piece.

Is he matchup proof? Yes, he can dominate a game against anybody.

Is this translating to fantasy studdom? No, not by a long shot.

If you own him, you really have no choice to play him, but with the way Rodgers spreads it around, and the attention opposing defenses commit to Finley, he is just as likey to post a 2 catch dud as he is to post a 7 catch, multi-TD monster week...
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jeremy1991 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:21 am

He hasn't been amazing, but in all reality unless you're in a tiny league you probably won't have much choice but to start him. I'm playing in an 18 team league so TE quality is hard to come by. Especially when Chris Cooley disappears, and Lance Kendricks busts once the season begins. I picked up Fred Davis preseason and then dropped him before the first week and I've regretted it ever since.
jeremy1991
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby The Lung » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:12 pm

If Heath Miller is still available, grab him...his usage has skyrocketed the last few weeks.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby GAMETIME03 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:13 am

Of course he is still a solid starter, he is just not #1 like you thought he would be at the beginning of the season. He still has 4 TD catches, and there was at least 1 easy TD catch that was thrown in between his numbers that he aberrantly dropped.
He is still part of the best passing offense in the league and the #2 look. He will put up at least one more big game down the stretch and have mediocre performances in all the others.
GAMETIME03
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk