Help me trade Bowe for a QB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Help me trade Bowe for a QB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help me trade Bowe for a QB

Postby BriGuy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:18 pm

Just wondering who I should be looking at, not sure what Bowe's trade value is. Start qb, 2wr, 2rb, wr/rb, te then k and d, but didn't list them. non-ppr
Here is my roster
QB- Eli, Collins
WR- V Jax, Bowe, Meachem, AJ Green, Amendola,
RB- McCoy, Steven Jackson, Felix Jones, Wells, Spiller
TE- Davis

I wasn't a fan of Bowe when I drafted him and he's too big of a gamble with Cassel sucking it up. Missed out on all the waiver stuff this week so not much there. Wondering what tier QBs I should be targeting. Do I have the depth at WR to give him up? Should I be looking elsewhere to improve my team?
I found two potential teams to trade for that seem to have a need for WR and ok QBs to trade.

Team A:
QB- Big Ben, Orton
WR- Colston, Britt, Alexander, Cobb
RB- Johnson, Greene, Bradshaw, Jacobs,
TE- Gonzalez, Cooley

Maybe something like Eli/Bowe for Big Ben/Cobb or something like that? Eli/Bowe for Big Ben? Bowe for Orton?

Team B
QB- Schaub, Cutler
WR- Fitzgerald, Sims-Walker, Burress
RB- Mendenhall, Williams, Fred Jackson, Pierre Thomas, Rodgers
TE- Gates, Gresham

Bowe/Cutler?

To be honest, I don't make a lot of trades. It seems like people never want to trade but I think I found these two teams who should show some interest. Looking to upgrade at QB, but I'll take other suggestions to improve my team.
Thanks
DA' BEARS!
BriGuy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help me trade Bowe for a QB

Postby LMack » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:37 am

I think that you are selling Dwayne Bowe a little short in all the deals you proposed. I expect Bowe to regress some off of his 2010 numbers but he is still a border-line WR1.

You aren't in a dire need of a QB upgrade so I wouldn't rush to do a deal. It is likely in your best interest to wait for Bowe to have a solid week then try to sell him high. Like I said before I'm not bullish on Bowe but he is certainly better than 2 catches for 17 yards and no TDs. By packaging Bowe with Eli, you could likely land someone from the Romo, Schaub, Big Ben, Ryan tier with a better WR back than Randall Cobb. After a solid week for Bowe, I wouldn't be surprised if you received a decent WR3 plus one of those QBs.

As far as your initial question about Dwayne Bowe's trade value, right now it is low. I do expect it to go up some, and that would be the ideal time to try to move him.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Re: Help me trade Bowe for a QB

Postby srlarson » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:46 am

Not for Cutler.....If he would trade for Schaub...ok.....

but otherwise hold on.....

SRL
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions