Pimping for the trading of FAAB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Pimping for the trading of FAAB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pimping for the trading of FAAB

Postby converge241 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:22 pm

Just an advocate post for the ability to trade those dollars (and for using FAAB in general). Was pushing commish of one league to allow for this for years and thankfully he stepped aside before 7 teams quit and new commish put in this long awaited change and now we have had more trading than ever!!! ;-D

Nothing helps get a deal done like being able to even just throw in 1-2 FAAB dollars! Give it a try to help encourage the trading scene in your league!
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pimping for the trading of FAAB

Postby ABA316 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:40 pm

I liked the idea when it was first brought up last year, albeit one day before the draft. My co-commish and I discussed privately and had a vote at the draft, with the understanding that it was not going to be implemented till the following year due to the lateness and that more than one team not in favor approached us expressing concern due to the same reason (last minute).

Regarding the change in commish..I have personal stuff going on (which you know exactly what I mean, converge) and my co-commish is very busy as well. We did not have the time to run the league in an efficient manner and made a tough decision but one we felt was best for all, as well as encouraging anyone willing to step up and we would try to assist if asked.

Bottom line is we accepted the vote that WE decided to hold at last year's draft and had something in place for this year if we had continued to run the league. Not to be rude but if something is important and time-sensitive, all we asked was more than 0-1 days to think of something cogent and also we had to respect ALL the owners' wishes too.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner