Home opener - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Home opener

Moderator: Football Moderators

Home opener

Postby dream_017 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:45 pm

There have been a few times over the years that I have been excited for the season and excited to get back to Ford Field only to end up counting down the weeks until the season was over and I didn't have to take the time to head down and listen to a pin drop at mid-field while 22 people were suppose to be playing a football game.

It looks as though our Leos have turned a corner and are expected to win games, expected to bring excitement to Ford Field and expected to be competitive. I'm really looking forward to heading down this Sunday. I hope it lives up to the expectation.

What do you want to see?

I want to see a second season in a row winning streak
I want to see some big plays early to keep the crowd in it
I want to see Stafford to Johnson a number of times(especially with Berry out)
I want to see a continued running game get chunks of yards on first down
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Home opener

Postby Atog » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:45 pm

dream_017 wrote:I want to see a continued running game get chunks of yards on first down

I want a solid running game that can grind out yardage in clutch situations and bust out huge plays! Hopefully Best can stay healthy and help out with that. :-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:37 am

I want to see all those faithful Lions fans, like Dream, rewarded for the decade of dreariness under Millen with some high quality football. A rout of the Chiefs would be in order. However, I am nothing if not a bit of a cynic. :-b so I'll tone down my expectations.

Best show burst and run and catch for over 230 net yards.
Megatron over 100 receiving yards and a score.
Stafford taking a knee to end the game after a 250+, multiple TD game.
Pettigrew catch all that comes his way.

More importantly than those things, what I would like to happen the most is that I don't have to looks so hard to see if Suh is out there. Be a force!

Enjoy the game Dream, should the Leos get up early the noise and excitement levels would reach unheard of heights. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby nimzox » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:31 am

I want to see them DESTROY Kansas City!! (which they will!) LOL!!
nimzox
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:28 am

Hey can I come watch your game? :-)

Cleveville@Indy X-I
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:24 am

scottaa1 wrote:Hey can I come watch your game? :-)

Cleveville@Indy X-I

Hurts bad, doesn't it? Have to think Collins will get better over the next couple weeks, worry is whether or not he'll get good enough to cover that D. If teams feel like they can run, they will. I just hope that Manning is able to recover fully, either this season or next.

Closer we get to game time the more I realize that KC isn't as bad as they played last week and TB played a pretty bad game. There is no such thing as comfort in the NFL. Any given Sunday.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:25 pm

WOW

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dream_017 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:54 am

moochman wrote:WOW

That was awesome. Heading into the stadium we all argree that we were a little more excited for this game than most games in the past and it lived up to expectation. Both Stafford to Calvin TDs were scored right in front of our section ;-D ;-D It was great to see a blowout...it was great to see the crowd leaving in the 4th after the Lions scored again(not a visiting take away to end the game)...it was great to hear Ford Field rocking...it was great to be able to sing the fight song 8 times.

Now, with all that said this is the second week in a row that they have made some mistakes or looked bad in certain areas but still able to come away with the win. KC was able to get big chunks of yards before they would self destruct. Not sure how much they showed on TV, but they did get decent pressure on the QB almost every series. Not the total force we are expecting but I think other teams are trying to do anything they can to get the ball away early and it caused some confusion and helped in the INTs.

I can't wait for MNF now O:-)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:31 pm

dream_017 wrote:
moochman wrote:WOW

That was awesome. Heading into the stadium we all argree that we were a little more excited for this game than most games in the past and it lived up to expectation. Both Stafford to Calvin TDs were scored right in front of our section ;-D ;-D It was great to see a blowout...it was great to see the crowd leaving in the 4th after the Lions scored again(not a visiting take away to end the game)...it was great to hear Ford Field rocking...it was great to be able to sing the fight song 8 times.

Now, with all that said this is the second week in a row that they have made some mistakes or looked bad in certain areas but still able to come away with the win. KC was able to get big chunks of yards before they would self destruct. Not sure how much they showed on TV, but they did get decent pressure on the QB almost every series. Not the total force we are expecting but I think other teams are trying to do anything they can to get the ball away early and it caused some confusion and helped in the INTs.

I can't wait for MNF now O:-)

I thought I saw enough early to be concerned about KC moving the ball and getting to the passer. They got demoralized after Charles went down, and we crushed them. I tell ya as much as I loved that game, I am scared to death of what ADP is going to do next weekend. That has to be one very upset ViQueen team and we haven't played well in the baggie dome. :-o

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:52 pm

moochman wrote: I tell ya as much as I loved that game, I am scared to death of what ADP is going to do next weekend. That has to be one very upset ViQueen team and we haven't played well in the baggie dome. :-o

FWIW, I like your chances next week. Peterson is Peterson, but there's not alot of stats I'm seeing from the Minn team that impress me. Detroit has the weapons to outscore Minn. I'll hope for a score-fest, because I love scoring B-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Next

Return to Detroit Lions