Home opener - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Home opener

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Home opener

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:07 am

scottaa1 wrote:
moochman wrote: I tell ya as much as I loved that game, I am scared to death of what ADP is going to do next weekend. That has to be one very upset ViQueen team and we haven't played well in the baggie dome. :-o

FWIW, I like your chances next week. Peterson is Peterson, but there's not alot of stats I'm seeing from the Minn team that impress me. Detroit has the weapons to outscore Minn. I'll hope for a score-fest, because I love scoring B-)

KC did some things to try to confuse the agressive detroit D early in the game - the coaches did make adjustments - but it did still seem like KC could move the ball at ease for chunks at a time. I see it playing out the same pretty much of the season - a bend but don't break - just wait for the other team to make a mistake and capitalize on it. The offense should be able to move the ball against anybody so they should always be in the game. I think this is a big test and should determine if we have moved ahead or remain the same. A win and it could be a roll heading to Dallas and then a rabid MNF crowd at home. A loss and that MNF game could be a make or break season changer.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:28 pm

Told ya so :-)

Congrats Detroit!
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:41 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Told ya so :-)

Congrats Detroit!

Yah, gotta say I was not comfortable with that game. The Vikes choked away a win by abandoning ADP. Very poor coaching. That said, the Lions got it going in the second half and won a game they would have never been in the last ten years.
Looking forward to seeing how well they perform in Dallas.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:22 pm

You guys have a pretty tough schedule, particularly after the bye:

@Bears
Panthers
Packers
@Saints
Vikings
@Raiders
Chargers
@Packers

That last game doesn't have fantasy value but as a team that may be vying for a playoff spot I'd be happier seeing the likes of Cleveland, Kansas, Indy, Cinci on the schedule to finish the table.

I didn't get to see the game and haven't seen any tape yet. Mooch, you said over in GCCV that Best looked lackluster; you think he's running out of gas already/feeling the miles?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:06 pm

scottaa1 wrote:You guys have a pretty tough schedule, particularly after the bye:

@Bears
Panthers
Packers
@Saints
Vikings
@Raiders
Chargers
@Packers

That last game doesn't have fantasy value but as a team that may be vying for a playoff spot I'd be happier seeing the likes of Cleveland, Kansas, Indy, Cinci on the schedule to finish the table.

I didn't get to see the game and haven't seen any tape yet. Mooch, you said over in GCCV that Best looked lackluster; you think he's running out of gas already/feeling the miles?

Best looks banged up, limping off the field after many running plays. Sad. Don't think he is going to cut it. :,-(
The Lions schedule is tough, you really needent have posted that, Buzz-Kill. :-b The beauty of their schedule is that I know those teams are looking at it and saying the Lions are a tough foe too. Win the games you should and one or two you shouldn't have and you could post great numbers. A winning season is not out of reach.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions