RB-Week 2: Starks, Mendenhall or Cadillac? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

RB-Week 2: Starks, Mendenhall or Cadillac?

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB-Week 2: Starks, Mendenhall or Cadillac?

Postby zcorbin15 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:04 pm

If you could choose 2 RB to start.. Who and why?

James Starks @ CAR
Carnrell Williams @ NYG
Rashard Mendenhall v. SEA
zcorbin15
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB-Week 2: Starks, Mendenhall or Cadillac?

Postby Navyseal » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:37 pm

This is pretty easy imo:

1)Mendy
2)Caddy

Look for Pittsburgh to bounce-back in a HUGE way against SEA, the Steelers' unfortunate future whipping boy whom Blitzburgh will undoubtedly take their aggression out on in a "statement" type game; mendenhall SHOULD be a big part of what the Steelers attempt to do offensively, and we already know what Mendy is capable of when PITT has the lead or is in a close game (1 score ahead/behind). Rashard IS STILL Pittsburgh's bell-cow and that won't change any time soon, I'm predicting that they take the SeaHags out behind the wood-shed and give them an old-fashioned ass-whipping.

With SJax side-lined, I like Caddy's chances at hitting paydirt and gaining somewhere in the 75-100yd realm, a feat that Hightower was able to achieve in an emotional week 1 victory against the G-Men, a defense that is STILL hurting with a mediocre secondary (no Prince) and a depleated pass-rush (No Osi or Tuck yet, at least). The new-look Rams no employ that spread patriot-style offensive scheme, and assuming Bradford is healthy and will play on MNF, Caddy looks like the Ram's main ball-carrier in an improving offense...

...meanwhile, Starks still plays for GB, a pass-first offense, and an offense that is attempting to ease veteran RB Ryan Grant BACK INTO the flow; Starks will at best share carries with Grant, and eventhough I believe that Starks will end up with main RB duties by mid-October (or perhaps sooner), it's just too early to give Starks the nod over Mendy or Caddy, especially this week.

GL ;-D

*Big $$$ 10 tm, H2H Hyper-performance/Milestone keeper league:
QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-K-D/ST + several other options/*-starters
*Romo, Fitzpatrick
*AP,*Hillis, BGE,T.Jones, Gerhart
*Roddy,*Manningham,*S.Johnson, Lloyd, Knox, B.Gibson
*Hernandez
*Bryant (12 dome games!)
*Green Bay D/ST, DET D/ST
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Re: RB-Week 2: Starks, Mendenhall or Cadillac?

Postby drhanl » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:42 pm

I would rank them:

1. Mendy
2. Starks
3. Caddy

Mendenhall is in for a big game, that looks pretty obvious

I pick starks over caddy because Starks was on the field for nearly 3/4 of the GB snaps, CAR rush D gave up a huge game to B. Wells of all people in week 1, GB will be up big early, gonna pound it late.

Caddy. St.L is beat up bad. yes, Hightower had a decent game agaisnt NYG last week, but he averaged well less than 4 yards per carry. I don't like Caddy nearly as much as everyone else this week.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=497075
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Return to Who to Start/Bench