RB indecision! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

RB indecision!

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB indecision!

Postby lordficron » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Hey guys, I've been playing Fantasy FB for a few years but just found these boards...looks like a great resource.

Anyway, I'd like some opinions...

PPR league (otherwise standard Yahoo! scoring)

My RBs are:

Arian Foster (an obvious start, but the week 2 timeshare has me skeptical)
Felix Jones (tough matchup at SF)
Beanie Wells (not sure about the matchup with Was)
Jahvid Best (my other obvious start, but will the Lions be pass happy?)
Cadillac Williams (Jackson might play?)
Mark Ingram (bench warmer)

Also, I'm starting Greg Jennings, Kenny Britt, and Davonne Bess @ WR...I also have Early Doucet and Lee Evans. Is Doucet worth consideration?
lordficron
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB indecision!

Postby itsme2 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:41 pm

So are you asking what 2 RBS out of the 6? Well the 2 you say you're starting should be the starting 2 and Doucet is considerable over Bess.
itsme2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:54 pm

lordficron wrote:Hey guys, I've been playing Fantasy FB for a few years but just found these boards...looks like a great resource.

Anyway, I'd like some opinions...

PPR league (otherwise standard Yahoo! scoring)

My RBs are:

Arian Foster (an obvious start, but the week 2 timeshare has me skeptical)
Felix Jones (tough matchup at SF)
Beanie Wells (not sure about the matchup with Was)
Jahvid Best (my other obvious start, but will the Lions be pass happy?)
Cadillac Williams (Jackson might play?)
Mark Ingram (bench warmer)

Also, I'm starting Greg Jennings, Kenny Britt, and Davonne Bess @ WR...I also have Early Doucet and Lee Evans. Is Doucet worth consideration?

First off its one of the best resources on the web for this information and a variety of great opinions. Look around you will be thoroughly impressed. ;-D For me I have been playing since 1996 and have won tons of leagues. I don't want to make this about bragging because we all I got lucky on 3/4th those wins. Point being this is a great source to go to for advice and current news. ;-D

As for your question. Arian is a shoe in for me. He might split but thats going to be a high scoring affair with plenty to go around. Foster wont put up last years numbers period. I'm guessing he will put up 75-85% of them though which is still very solid.

Sf is decent at stopping the run. Im guessing my boys stomp the Mudhole through the air there.

With PPR its Best for me this week. However you are not clear on how many you can start. If you can start 3 its Beanie as my #3 (Flex).

I would start the WR's you mentioned until you get confidence. Doucet is playing in the slot so he is not in all the time. Miami runs more 3 WR sets than AZ so my guess is Bess out performs him.

Sick around you wont regret it. ;-D I can say I would absolutely not be here if the content was not there to supplement my experience.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby lordficron » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:58 pm

itsme2 wrote:So are you asking what 2 RBS out of the 6? Well the 2 you say you're starting should be the starting 2 and Doucet is considerable over Bess.

Ha! I totally forgot to specify what I was asking. Yes, I was just looking for opinions on which two other people would start.

I'm probably going to start 3 RBs, actually. I'm not convinced that any of my WR/TEs are worth starting as a flex vs one of my remaining RB. I'm thinking it'll be Foster, Best, and Wells come Sunday.
lordficron
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BearsFan65 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Welcome to the board - I can say with no exaggeration I'd be lost without these guys, the knowledge level here is terrific.

As for your RB's - if you're starting 2, then Foster and Best are the two to start. And since your league is PPR, you actually WANT the Lions to be pass-happy. Best will get plenty of those throws coming his way. Screens and dumpoffs are extensions of the running game for DET. If you're starting three RB's, I'd add Beanie to that mix, and he's only slightly ahead of Felix this week because of the matchup. Beanie looked great last week and actually caught a couple of balls too.

Your WR's are fine, and I don't start Doucet over Bess in PPR until he puts up 3-4 straight weeks of high volume targets. Good luck!

Help on mine? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=496984
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)

Postby lordficron » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:With PPR its Best for me this week. However you are not clear on how many you can start. If you can start 3 its Beanie as my #3 (Flex).

I would start the WR's you mentioned until you get confidence. Doucet is playing in the slot so he is not in all the time. Miami runs more 3 WR sets than AZ so my guess is Bess out performs him.

Sick around you wont regret it. ;-D I can say I would absolutely not be here if the content was not there to supplement my experience.

Yep, I can start 3 (2 RB + flex) and actually came to the same conclusion on who to start.

Henne has gone to Davonne Bess quite a bit over the past couple years, meaning he should get relatively consistent targets. Kolb and Doucet are still too early to judge, which means he's worth pickup up based on the hype from week 1 but not yet worthy of a start over Bess.

Thanks for the reply, man.
lordficron
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench