Week 2 Starter/Bench question, help appreciated WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 2 Starter/Bench question, help appreciated WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 2 Starter/Bench question, help appreciated WHIR

Postby SolvusAnima » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:17 am

Hey everyone, I'm trying to decide on who to start for these 3 positions on a PPR league:

QB

Ben Roethlisberger (@SEA) vs Matt Stafford (@KC)

Right now I have Stafford as the starter because I felt he'd put up big numbers against the Chiefs, specially seeing what Fitzpatrick did to them. Another thing that makes me lean towards Stafford is that fact that the Chiefs lost Berry. These two factors make Stafford a tempting option.

On the other hand, Steelers got their asses handed to them by Baltimore, I feel like they'll show up vs the Seahawks feeling like the need to torch someone. So, naturally, I kind of expect Big Ben to put up some big numbers (no pun intended)

WR3

Nate Burleson (@KC) vs Mike Sims-Walker (@NYG)

Right now I have Burleson as the starter, but between these two I'm leaning more towards Burleson for the simple fact that MSW didn't do anything week 1. The only thing that makes this a difficult decision is that fact that Amendola went down, which means there might be more action for MSW... I really don't know about this one.

TE

Jermichael Finley (@CAR) vs Greg Olsen (@GB)

Right now I have Olsen as the starter because of the injury to Jermichael Finley, but it looks like he'll be fine. I don't know if I should swap Finley back in, even though he might not be 100%. Card TE's put up good numbers vs Panthers, so putting in Finley seems like an attractive choice.

Any help is greatly appreciated! WHIR :D
SolvusAnima
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 2 Starter/Bench question, help appreciated WHIR

Postby delfam » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:46 am

Gotta go with Burleson and Finley,

Ben and Stafford to me is a toss-up, both have great matchups and you have to think the Steelers will be mad from what happened last week. I'd lean Stafford just because Detroit throws the ball more and Mendenhall might steal some TD's from Ben.

viewtopic.php?t=497124
delfam
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bhov97 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:49 am

SolvusAnima wrote:Hey everyone, I'm trying to decide on who to start for these 3 positions on a PPR league:

QB

Right now I have Stafford as the starter because I felt he'd put up big numbers against the Chiefs, specially seeing what Fitzpatrick did to them. Another thing that makes me lean towards Stafford is that fact that the Chiefs lost Berry. These two factors make Stafford a tempting option.

On the other hand, Steelers got their asses handed to them by Baltimore, I feel like they'll show up vs the Seahawks feeling like the need to torch someone. So, naturally, I kind of expect Big Ben to put up some big numbers (no pun intended)

WR3

Right now I have Burleson as the starter, but between these two I'm leaning more towards Burleson for the simple fact that MSW didn't do anything week 1. The only thing that makes this a difficult decision is that fact that Amendola went down, which means there might be more action for MSW... I really don't know about this one.

TE

Right now I have Olsen as the starter because of the injury to Jermichael Finley, but it looks like he'll be fine. I don't know if I should swap Finley back in, even though he might not be 100%. Card TE's put up good numbers vs Panthers, so putting in Finley seems like an attractive choice.

start stafford ride the hot streak
play burleston (see stafford)
and Finley (no Beason for carolina out for season...LB's primarily role to cover TE's carolina's LB core is severely weakened without beason)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=497117
bhov97
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby rclement3915 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 am

Stafford, Burleson and Finley.

Help me out:
viewtopic.php?t=497123
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby twakeman » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:05 pm

I'm going to agree with all the above. Stafford, Burleson and Finley. Although, I think you're fine either way at QB.

I don't think anyone on Carolina will put up the kind of numbers they did last week so I think Finley is an obvious choice. Thanks for the help with mine.
twakeman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby Dirty T » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Yeah i would go Burleson ,Finley and Stafford. Good luck.
Dirty T
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Postby mwayne2387 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Like already mentioned, at QB your good either way, but im going with Stafford over Big Ben.

I read Salas is taking over for Mike Sims-Walker in the slot so Im not sure I'd start him therefore go with Nate.

If Finely gets the good to go, that is a no brainer. He is an automatic start, all the time.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your response!
mwayne2387
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby dreamer46 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:09 pm

Stafford, Burleson and Finley.
The Dream Team
dreamer46 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby phackney » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:51 pm

SolvusAnima wrote:Hey everyone, I'm trying to decide on who to start for these 3 positions on a PPR league:

QB

WR3

TE

You have the right idea for all 3. I think you have to start Stafford, sure Ben's going to put up some points, but the O is still going come out and rely on Mendenhall more than Ben. You can't go wrong with either, but Stafford will get you bigger numbers.

I'd definitely go Burleson and Finley will be fine and should have a nice day.

Please help http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=497199
phackney
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bobshope » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Hate to sound like a broken record, but Stafford, Burleson and Finley.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=497205
bobshope
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench