Questionable status conundrum - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Questionable status conundrum

Moderator: Football Moderators

Questionable status conundrum

Postby DianaNC1 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:26 am

I need your advice about who to start in a standard Yahoo league based on the questionable status of both Hakeem Nicks and Arian Foster, the two strongest players on my roster.

I picked up Ben Tate for last week's game, and I know some people suggest playing both Tate and Foster, but is that option worth losing points from my other RBs?

For RBs, here's what I have:
Arian Foster
Beanie Wells
Cadillac Williams
Bench: Ben Tate, DeAngelo Williams, Daniel Thomas

Here are my WRs:
Hakeem Nicks
Robert Meacham
Bench: Johnny Knox, Malcolm Floyd

Do I play it safe and bench Nicks? Is Johnny Knox a safe bet given Roy Williams' injury?

Thanks for your advice!
DianaNC1
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Questionable status conundrum

Postby LMack » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:50 am

I would start Foster without Tate. Arian Foster (questionable, hamstring) will start Sunday against the Dolphins, according to FOX Sports' John Czarnecki. Texans want 20 touches for Foster and 10 for Tate, according to FOXsports.com

Its tough with Nicks because all reports suggest he will be a gametime decision on Monday Night. Unfortunately I don't think you can wait and get a goose egg from that slot by keeping Nicks in and then him missing the game. If you can and he is available, you could pick up NYG WR Domenik Hixon and you will be able to start one of those two on Monday Night. This would give you more possibility to wait for Nicks. But if that isn't possible, start Knox. You can't have 0's.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench