Mike Tolbert or Cadillac Williams?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Mike Tolbert or Cadillac Williams??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mike Tolbert or Cadillac Williams??

Postby chrismas » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:19 pm

Still can't decide who to go with!!! Cadillac is probably getting the start with S Jax most likely out and Tolbert is supposed to be getting more touches than Matthews this week.
chrismas
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mike Tolbert or Cadillac Williams??

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi there, and welcome to the Cafe! Great to see a new face around here and I hope we're able to help you out and you stick around in the future ;-D

Caddy has a bit more upside and a similar floor given both backs' situations this week, so I think I would start him, but Tolbert is enticing for his own reasons. I just really like what I saw from Williams and don't see Jackson playing or, worst case, doing much if he does play on Monday night. The G-Men are decimated on defense and the Rams actually looked pretty good last week with the Caddy out of the garage, so I think I'd have a hard time starting an - albeit part time - "featured" back for Tolbert.

Hope this helps! ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ampant » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Here I would start Tolbert. If this were a Sunday game I might go caddy. But since its MNF, you don't want to hear "Jackson is ready to go" and have no other option. Tolbert is more likely to score. Caddy is more likely to get more yards if he starts.

Help here?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=497578
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Even with the 50/50 split Tolbert will still be getting the goalline and he was targeted 9 times last week in the passing game. Those yards still help you out and I'm not totally sold on Caddy, he's a watch and see especially without knowing if Jackson will go or not. It will hurt the value of Caddy a ton even if he's getting 8-10 carries that could have been his. That's a risk that's tough to swallow going into Monday night if you need points.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Return to Who to Start/Bench