Considering trading Aaron Rodgers for Ray Rice... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Considering trading Aaron Rodgers for Ray Rice...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Considering trading Aaron Rodgers for Ray Rice...

Postby burningicex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to fantasy football, so please be nice if this idea sounds blasphemous.

I was fortunate enough to pick up Cam Newton on waiver, and am finding that my WRs/RBs could use some work (My #1 RB, Steven Jackson, is out at least for this week and maybe next). Since Cam Newton seems to be performing well (he's actually been higher than Rodgers over the past couple of weeks), I was wondering - do you think it would be worth it to trade Rodgers for another top tier pick, like Ray Rice, and then to start Cam Newton?

Alternatively, would it be more intelligent to trade Newton for somebody who is more of a second tier RB/WR if I can get one for him?

Any opinions/reasons/analyses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
burningicex
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Considering trading Aaron Rodgers for Ray Rice...

Postby yankeekd25 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:02 pm

burningicex wrote:Hi all,

I'm relatively new to fantasy football, so please be nice if this idea sounds blasphemous.

I was fortunate enough to pick up Cam Newton on waiver, and am finding that my WRs/RBs could use some work (My #1 RB, Steven Jackson, is out at least for this week and maybe next). Since Cam Newton seems to be performing well (he's actually been higher than Rodgers over the past couple of weeks), I was wondering - do you think it would be worth it to trade Rodgers for another top tier pick, like Ray Rice, and then to start Cam Newton?

Alternatively, would it be more intelligent to trade Newton for somebody who is more of a second tier RB/WR if I can get one for him?

Any opinions/reasons/analyses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Try to sell high on Newton. Rodgers is a guarantee for at least 20 points a week. Cam is a rookie and will have his struggles as the league tries to figure him out.

I too picked up Cam and I'm going to try to trade him for a WR upgrade.
yankeekd25
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions