Tate & Dekker for Thomas & Branch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Tate & Dekker for Thomas & Branch

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tate & Dekker for Thomas & Branch

Postby zifnab316 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:58 pm

In a 16 team keeper league and was offered Ben Tate and Dekker (Den) for my Deion Branch and Pierre Thomas. Good idea or not? I kinda like the idea but Tate depends on Foster's ability and I wonder how long Dekker will keeping putting up his numbers.

My Team:
QB: Sanchez, Kolb, McCoy
RB: Mendenhall, Thomas
WR: AJ, Austin, Branch, Driver
TE: Finley
DEF: GB, Dal
K: Houston's
zifnab316
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tate & Dekker for Thomas & Branch

Postby Dolfin99 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:45 pm

I would pull the trigger.

Thomas - Thomas is not the featured RB. That distinction belongs to Ingram. Ingram led the team in carries this week and will only get better as he becomes more and more accustomed to the offense.

Branch - It is anyone's guess as to who will be the leading receiver here. You have Hernandez, Gronkowski, Welker and Branch. The TEs are the safest options in the red zone and Welker is the safest option everywhere else. What does this mean? Branch will not be a consistent option week-in and week-out

Decker - I fully expect that even when Lloyd returns, Decker will be the second option. Thomas is out with an injury and Royal ... well, he just isn't any good. So that leaves Decker to play opposite Lloyd. Things will be even better for Decker when Lloyd returns for obvious reasons and Decker has earned the trust of Orton.

Tate - Regardless of what Kubiak says (he said Foster is fine), Foster's hammy is not 100%. As we have seen throughout the years, an injured hamstring only heals with rest and time. Neither of which Foster has had much of. Therefore, they will either rest him as required or he will injure it to the point where he cannot play. Tate showed he has talent last season (before injury) and has shown promise again this season. I think as the season comes to a close, Tate will be the Texans leading back.

Hope this helps. ;-D
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tate & Dekker for Thomas & Branch

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:13 am

I'd play the upside in Decker. Tate and Thomas (thomas only has to worry about Reggie Bush and that isn't a safe bet at all. Why the lack of RB depth. How many QBs do you start?
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions