Dunta Robinson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dunta Robinson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dunta Robinson

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:18 pm

gotta add one more thing, this cracks me up everytime.....

Mike Ditka said it best...."want to end those helmet to helmet hits? simple.....just take off the facemasks on the helmets, guarantee no one will lead with their head or they will have a stub for a nose afterward."

classic ditka...just classic
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ATLbraves » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:31 pm

Alkaholik wrote:I know you are a Falcons homer and prolly lean toward the other direction on this about a suspension, but what is it gonna take to warrent a suspension? A broken neck? a career ended?

you must be kidding me if it takes 3 or more of these devastating hits from the same player to get a suspension, each one is a roll of the dice to end someone's career or horrible injury and this idiot just doesnt get it, thank god maclin moved a tiny bit at the last second so it clipped off the front of his helmet.

This has nothing to do with quarterback penalies from last night, that is a whole different story, this is a guy in the open field running full speed with the ball and having another guy running full speed at him with his helmet pointed directly at him like a batting ram.

dissapointed the league didnt suspend him, guess it will take a career ending injury to warrant one.

EDIT: btw, i'm a seahawk fan and hate the eagles

I just think this hit wasn't nearly as bad as the hit on DeSean Jackson last year. Maclin was turning up field and did see the hit coming, unlike DeSean.

Plus all of these players were taught to tackle this way, so it's nearly impossible to change how they tackle when they have been playing this way their entire life/career. I dont believe giving fines or penalties for these hits will change anything, even though it might be warranted, you have to start from the beginning by teaching the young kids how to properly tackle someone.

Plus if you aren't going to suspend James Harrison for all the vicious hits he gave last season, then how can you justify suspending Dunta for the hit he gave? I am a huge falcons fan, but it's not my fault that Goodell is awful at giving fines and penalties and started the precedent by never suspending Harrison last season.
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:41 pm

ATLbraves wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:I know you are a Falcons homer and prolly lean toward the other direction on this about a suspension, but what is it gonna take to warrent a suspension? A broken neck? a career ended?

you must be kidding me if it takes 3 or more of these devastating hits from the same player to get a suspension, each one is a roll of the dice to end someone's career or horrible injury and this idiot just doesnt get it, thank god maclin moved a tiny bit at the last second so it clipped off the front of his helmet.

This has nothing to do with quarterback penalies from last night, that is a whole different story, this is a guy in the open field running full speed with the ball and having another guy running full speed at him with his helmet pointed directly at him like a batting ram.

dissapointed the league didnt suspend him, guess it will take a career ending injury to warrant one.

I just think this hit wasn't nearly as bad as the hit on DeSean Jackson last year. Maclin was turning up field and did see the hit coming, unlike DeSean.

Plus all of these players were taught to tackle this way, so it's nearly impossible to change how they tackle when they have been playing this way their entire life/career. I dont believe giving fines or penalties for these hits will change anything, even though it might be warranted, you have to start from the beginning by teaching the young kids how to properly tackle someone.

Plus if you aren't going to suspend James Harrison for all the vicious hits he gave last season, then how can you justify suspending Dunta for the hit he gave? I am a huge falcons fan, but it's not my fault that Goodell is awful at giving fines and penalties and started the precedent by never suspending Harrison last season.

Sorry, don't want to take this too far off track but did you even look at the kind of hits Harrison was getting fined for? He got hit harder than he really should have for a lot of those especially one on Massaquoi which many thought was the most "vicious" but was completely unavoidable because in the middle of him trying to tackle him, Massaquoi lowers his head FORCING a hit to his helmet. If he doesn't do that Harrison has a clean tackle to his midsection. Harrison gets a worse rep for some of those things than he really deserves, don't get me wrong, the guy is a downright idiot sometimes but he's not malicious in how he goes about trying to hit people, he doesn't "play dirty" like that, just hits hard.

In the case with Robinson (twice now) it has been malicious looking in that it almost looks like he plans to lead with his helmet, aim high and launch himself into the receiver. In both of his cases it looked like head-hunting and that's the kind of hit that should and will get suspensions down the road. It's a dirty play and after he did almost the exact same thing last year to Jackson, I think he's lucky to only have received that fine.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ATLbraves » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:05 pm

mattb47 wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:

Sorry, don't want to take this too far off track but did you even look at the kind of hits Harrison was getting fined for? He got hit harder than he really should have for a lot of those especially one on Massaquoi which many thought was the most "vicious" but was completely unavoidable because in the middle of him trying to tackle him, Massaquoi lowers his head FORCING a hit to his helmet. If he doesn't do that Harrison has a clean tackle to his midsection. Harrison gets a worse rep for some of those things than he really deserves, don't get me wrong, the guy is a downright idiot sometimes but he's not malicious in how he goes about trying to hit people, he doesn't "play dirty" like that, just hits hard.

In the case with Robinson (twice now) it has been malicious looking in that it almost looks like he plans to lead with his helmet, aim high and launch himself into the receiver. In both of his cases it looked like head-hunting and that's the kind of hit that should and will get suspensions down the road. It's a dirty play and after he did almost the exact same thing last year to Jackson, I think he's lucky to only have received that fine.

Massaquoi only slightly lowered his head, it didnt change the fact that Harrison was leading with this helmet and the WR was COMPLETELY defenseless since he was still turned around and trying to catch the football. I'm not trying to excuse Dunta's hit, it was wrong and definitely deserves a fine. But I dont think it was as bad as the hit on DeSean last season or as bad as Harrison's.
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mattb47 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Massaquoi lowered his head all the way down so that it wasn't a body tackle anymore but a head shot. Either way there was not the malicious intent that seems apparent in BOTH of Robinson's hits. The point isn't that this hit was as bad or worse than his hit on Jackson last year, but that he did it last year and then did it AGAIN this year. His hits just look like he's out there trying to hurt someone and that's the worst part of it. That's why I think that kind of hit is more deserving of a suspension because not only did he hit him high, but he launched himself yet again into the hit. He's just lucky (and so is Maclin) that it wasn't as solid a hit as the hit on Jackson last year...if it had been, it would have been just as bad a hit.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:19 pm

ATLbraves wrote:I just think this hit wasn't nearly as bad as the hit on DeSean Jackson last year. Maclin was turning up field and did see the hit coming, unlike DeSean.

The bolded part is 100% false. Every player from Pee-Wee football all the way up to NFL is taught how to tackle correctly and not lead with their head. Form. Fit. Follow - and don't lead with your helmet. I never understand why people lead with the heads anyway. You not only put the player who is getting tackled at a much greater risk for injury; you put yourself at a much greater risk for injury.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:31 am

Too bad Dunta won't be playing the Bills this year...
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:03 am

mattb47 wrote:Massaquoi lowered his head all the way down so that it wasn't a body tackle anymore but a head shot. Either way there was not the malicious intent that seems apparent in BOTH of Robinson's hits. The point isn't that this hit was as bad or worse than his hit on Jackson last year, but that he did it last year and then did it AGAIN this year. His hits just look like he's out there trying to hurt someone and that's the worst part of it. That's why I think that kind of hit is more deserving of a suspension because not only did he hit him high, but he launched himself yet again into the hit. He's just lucky (and so is Maclin) that it wasn't as solid a hit as the hit on Jackson last year...if it had been, it would have been just as bad a hit.

So Harrison never "launches" himself into people? Or looks like he is trying to hurt someone when he tackles them?
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mattb47 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:34 am

ATLbraves wrote:
mattb47 wrote:Massaquoi lowered his head all the way down so that it wasn't a body tackle anymore but a head shot. Either way there was not the malicious intent that seems apparent in BOTH of Robinson's hits. The point isn't that this hit was as bad or worse than his hit on Jackson last year, but that he did it last year and then did it AGAIN this year. His hits just look like he's out there trying to hurt someone and that's the worst part of it. That's why I think that kind of hit is more deserving of a suspension because not only did he hit him high, but he launched himself yet again into the hit. He's just lucky (and so is Maclin) that it wasn't as solid a hit as the hit on Jackson last year...if it had been, it would have been just as bad a hit.

So Harrison never "launches" himself into people? Or looks like he is trying to hurt someone when he tackles them?

Not head first aiming high for the opponents head he doesn't. You look at almost all his "bad" helmet to helmet hits and pretty much all of them you have the offensive player lowering his head into the hit (which is a natural reaction to try to shield yourself). The hits we're talking about here with Robinson are DIRTY plays, it's hard to be tackling like that and NOT be trying to hurt someone. Just uncalled for and there is no excuse or explanation that can make it any less so.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:48 am

mattb47 wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:

Not head first aiming high for the opponents head he doesn't. You look at almost all his "bad" helmet to helmet hits and pretty much all of them you have the offensive player lowering his head into the hit (which is a natural reaction to try to shield yourself). The hits we're talking about here with Robinson are DIRTY plays, it's hard to be tackling like that and NOT be trying to hurt someone. Just uncalled for and there is no excuse or explanation that can make it any less so.

Wow and I thought I was a bias'd fan, but I think you take the cake here. So James Harrison was fined $80000 last year, but none of them were "dirty" hits? Okay. They were all just tackles where the player lowers his head and Harrison happens to hit them in the helmet? Thats a complete lie in my opinion. I dont believe Cribbs lowered his head when Harrison hit him. What about when Harrison took down Vince Young? Or hit Brees right in the helmet when he was trying to sack him?

I agree that it's hard to stop some of these hits cause these guys are playing full speed, and if you let up any you are risking getting injured yourself. But when you try to argue that Harrison isn't a dirty player and Dunta is, then that makes no sense to me. They are both "dirty" players, but Dunta only has 2 "dirty" plays that I can think of (and you can argue that they aren't even dirty hits). Harrison has so many I can't even count.

Here's a link just in case you have forgotten some of Harrison's "dirty" hits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BfxMalwza4&feature=fvsr
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk