Ignore me please. Question answered. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Ignore me please. Question answered.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ignore me please. Question answered.

Postby Bolthead04 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:38 pm

I lost Charles for the season, so I'm looking to bolster my WR (since my flex needs a WR to replace my extra RB who is no longer extra....)

Vick's backup is Chad Henne on that team. The guy who has Vick also has DeSean, so I sent this trade offer.

Romo + Collie(or Ward, a throw in WR basically)
for
DeSean Jackson.

Fair offer? Too Much? Too Little?

Sharing is caring. :) WHIR

QB - Romo, Stafford, Newton
WR - Megatron, Miles Austin, A.J. Green, Ward, Collie
RB - Charles (out for season - will replace), Forte, Best
TE - Graham, Olsen
K - Bryant
Def - Chicago, Dallas (will replace for matchup this week)
Last edited by Bolthead04 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bolthead04
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Romo for DeSean Jackson? - WHIR

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:43 pm

If he takes it its a good deal for you.. I don't really see him biting on that deal tho, no point in trading away what I'm guessing is he top WR or at very least WR2 to get a backup QB.

What I would look for instead is trying to pick the bones of a team without a top QB option to upgrade your RB situation. It's hell to roll with only 2RBs, even in a flex league, with byes and injuries. I understand where your trying to go with this trade, but bolstering your WR core isn't as big of a concern to me as trying to add depth/another starting RB is.

If he does it great deal for you, if not look elsewhere at a RB option.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bolthead04 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:45 pm

Given Vick was hurt, he's not going to be a backup QB on that team. I would chase a RB, but he doesn't have any around Romo's value. Everyone else at my league is happy with their QB right now.
Bolthead04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:51 pm

Bolthead04 wrote:Given Vick was hurt, he's not going to be a backup QB on that team. I would chase a RB, but he doesn't have any around Romo's value. Everyone else at my league is happy with their QB right now.

I wouldn't think Vick is going to be out for any length of time. I mean it wasn't THAT bad of a hit.

Again tho, if this cat goes for that deal, then props to you, I just think hes an idiot if he does it. The hit Vick took he had taken 2-3 times prior to it in the game and was still going strong. IF, and thats a big if, Vick is somehow out next week I don't see him being out for any length of time. Again tho, if he does it then good deal for you.

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bolthead04 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Well here's hoping.
Bolthead04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:59 pm

Oh and not to throw more cain at ya, but most people if they know anything about fantasy or keep up with all the players in general are going to see this as you trying to dump an injured QB yourself.

Yes Romo came back and played, but he was diagnosed with at least one cracked rib (which may turn into more after a through eval tomorrow), and those type of injuries for any player, but especially a QB, will effect performance to some degree. Again, not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just be ready for it.

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bolthead04 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:47 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:Oh and not to throw more cain at ya, but most people if they know anything about fantasy or keep up with all the players in general are going to see this as you trying to dump an injured QB yourself.

Yes Romo came back and played, but he was diagnosed with at least one cracked rib (which may turn into more after a through eval tomorrow), and those type of injuries for any player, but especially a QB, will effect performance to some degree. Again, not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just be ready for it.

Didn't realize Romo had been injured at the time I posted. :)
Bolthead04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions