Gibson or Salas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Gibson or Salas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gibson or Salas

Postby ObeYsXeGianT » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:30 pm

So Vick/D.Jackson/Burress screwed me this week and I have one player left to play(flex). I'm down by 15.xx points in a pretty high scoring league and need someone who has the best possibility to get me the W. Didn't played Helu because I would have never thought he would have had such a good game (scored just enough points to have me win by like 1.xx)... I had Decker but dropped him in favor of Salas at the last minute...
Now I'm kicking myself wishing I had played Decker...

I feel Salas still has a chance to come up big enough for me to win but this Sunday has got me second guessing myself.
ObeYsXeGianT
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gibson or Salas

Postby JC.89 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:32 am

Just my two cents here, but...

I don't see how you sit Gibson for Salas. While it's true that Salas will fill into Amendola's checkdown/slot receiver role, the guy is a rookie with one career catch. Not only do I think it'll be a shaky transition, but I doubt Bradford is going to be looking the way of a guy he has very little NFL chemistry with too often.

Gibson and Bradford at least have some chemistry together, and I expect Bradford to be looking Gisbon's way alot tomorrow night. Gibson led the Rams in receiving week one (hey, 3 receptions for 50 against Philly doesn't look so bad after what Roddy White and Julio Jones did tonight), and is literally the only player Bradford completed a pass to last season, save for TE Billy Bajema. Everyone else is either new (MSW, Kendricks, Salas, Cadillac) or injured (Amendola, Clayton, SJax).

I'm starting Gibson this week, and didn't even bother picking up Salas out of free agency. But that's just me.
JC.89
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ObeYsXeGianT » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:53 pm

Anyone else. There is a lot of hype about Salas...
ObeYsXeGianT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JC.89 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:27 pm

Clearly the Rams WR to own tonight was Alexander, but Salas looks especially horrible. 4 catches for 27 yards, but a fumble and two drops. He also fumbled a second time out of bounds on one of his catches.

Probably waiver wire material, grab Alexander if he's there.
JC.89
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Who to Start/Bench