need help...big trade involving newton! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

need help...big trade involving newton!

Moderator: Football Moderators

need help...big trade involving newton!

Postby big choi127 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:29 am

i am in a 12 team keeper league
they have offered me

romo, collie, and deangelo willams plus their first round pick for next year
for
colston and newton plus my fourth round pick

this is my rb status as of now gore, moreno, caddy, pierre thomas, and grant
my qb is kolb

what do u think i should do keep newton or go for it...because i do need some depth at rb and this will be a big boost for me.

thanks!
big choi127
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: need help...big trade involving newton!

Postby riotide » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:35 am

I just don't like Williams right now. Now not only is Stewart taking away carries, but so is Cam. Not to mention Cam looks amazing. I don't think I could deal him in a keeper league right now. Even if you have a top tier QB, I think you have to wait and let his value climb.

Help me if you can: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=497621&p=3349350#p3349350
riotide
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jay0582 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:44 am

romos not going anywhere for the next 7 years or so and he will always put up better numbers over a course of a season then newton, imo anyway... i think it seems like a decent trade for you, but ive never been in a keeper league so i cant really speak to the dynamics of this type of thing, thanks for the help with mine, plus i think as the season goes along deangelo will be much better then hes showin right now
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Icemanzdoinwork » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:55 am

Tough one IMO, I don't do the keepers, but I think Newton has proven himself while Romo is still good. The 1st round pick is what would make it interesting too me.

I'd gamble and go for it for the future. Collie and the 1st round picks are gambles and the qb's should be close in points. You need future rb's and depth. I'm not a fan of Williams, but I'm not a fan of Colston either.
Icemanzdoinwork
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bronxguy1219 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:55 am

Well I've never been in a keeper league so I might not be the best to answer this question. I would be inclined to decline that trade. The other guy put it good that Williams clearly looks like he is on the downside and is losing carries and Collie I think is going to have a down year without Peyton. Just look at the first two weeks, no catches last week and that was with the Colts down big early and throwing a ton. Today targeted 10 times, but only 3 catches for 24 yards. I don't think you gain anything in WR. I think Romo for Newton could be even up with maybe a slight advantage to Romo, but even that could be questionable cause while Cam will probably have more INTS than Romo, he also is going to get you some points because of his rushing (I assume your league has some type of 1 pt every 10 yd rushing or something like that) and I wouldn't be surprised if he scores at least 5 TDs rushing too. Romo should be good for years down the road too, that's what makes this a tough call. Just curious who are your other WRs besides Colston? Maybe there is a guy at WR you could try to trade that would give you some depth at RB that would be better than Williams? Maybe check the guy that has Sidney Rice on his team or Braylon Edwards? Guys that look like they could be busts and/or injury problems.
bronxguy1219
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby big choi127 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:34 am

other than colston i have bowe, malcom floyd, burleson, and lee evans.
yeah the thing that is making me think is that 1st round draft pick next year, since its a keeper its always a pretty shallow draft after like the 6th round, so having two first makes it tempting, but i feel like that he has a real good chance of winning it this year so the pick would be a late 1st round (10-12).
so i guess really it is build for the future or try to win now even though i think i am gonna be down 0-2 so i am at a slight disadvantage
big choi127
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Honeybadgers » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:10 am

Never been in a keeper league but I would tend to hold onto Cam. He's racking up many more points than i thought possible. Once he's done it for a few weeks his value could be higher.

Also, with Romo's rib injury he might be slowed up in the coming weeks
Honeybadgers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)

Postby kervtrain » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:20 am

I am a keeper league veteran and depending on how your keepers work, Newton should have great keeper value. Collie will do nothing this year, but I don't think colston will be that great since brees spreads it so much. That said, your wrs are not that great so getting rid of colston may be tough. D will could start to pick it up here. If you started 0-2 it will be tough to come back to make the playoffs. Romo is a big upgrade at qb. Im not sure how many guys you get to keep every year, but you don't seem to have many options right now for future keepers. I might wait another week to let Cam's value go even higher, or maybe consider him as a keeper for a few years to come. If you lose this week tho, you basically have to make a move to acquire great keepers for the future, aka rodgers or chris johnson.

Thanks for your help on mine.
10 team yahoo standard 2 qb keeper league
QBS- Rivers, Ryan, Grossman
WRS- Roddy, VJax, Santana Moss, Lance Moore
RBS- D Will, Knowshon, Fred Jackson, Mcgahee, Sproles, PT
TE-Witten
K-Crosby
D-Ravens
kervtrain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:37 am

romo, collie, and deangelo willams plus their first round pick for next year ;-D
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions