Trade dilemma - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade dilemma

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade dilemma

Postby bombtek56 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:46 pm

OK this is for a 14 team league with the current starting rosters: 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def : 1/2 point PPR

The trade involved Matt Forte being offered for Miles Austin, and was offered around 10pm. It was accepted about 2am.

I am sure both parties were intoxicated, and neither one had any knowledge of Austin's injury prior to accepting the trade. Yes I know the trade was bad to begin with, but the offer came from the owner with Forte.

Normally I would just let this stand, as I try to make it a rule to let any trades that do not display any form of collusion stand, and let the owners pay for their own mistakes. But I did recieve an appeal from the Forte owner to cancel the trade at 8am upon him finding out that Austin is out for maybe 3 weeks. I contacted the other owner, who I woke up, and he had no knowledge of Austin being hurt, and in fact thought I was refferring to Romo's injury.

The second owner has offered to throw in LT, Danny Woodhead, and another WR as a sort of pity payment upon learning about Austin's injury.

I do not want to set a precedent for vetoing trades when an injury is discovered after the fact. Any input on the situation would be greatly appreciated.
bombtek56
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade dilemma

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Both owners made the trade and agreed to it, I would let it go through. Now, if the owner receiving Austin has the option to vote against nothing is going to stop him.

This wouldn't be any different than if the trade was accepted Sunday morning of week 2, it wouldn't be fair if after hearing of Austin's injury that the Forte owner would want to cancel the trade because of the injury.

Ultimately, those two owners have to work something out.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:07 pm

if both manager don't know Austin's injury, i'll say keep the trade.
healthy Austin for Forte is pretty even, and the trade was proposed by Forte's side, and as long as you are sure Austin's owner doesn't know anything about Austin's injury (here is the trust issue), then trade stays.

just image people trade Foster for Charles, they wish they can get Foster back.

afterall, it's a competition football game, collecting information should be part of manager's job to maintain a solid team.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 234)

Postby c0megets0me » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:47 pm

nothing you can do about that and Austin is only going to miss 2 games so its not that big of a deal.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions