Trade Dilemma - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Trade Dilemma

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Dilemma

Postby bombtek56 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:51 pm

OK this is for a 14 team league with the current starting rosters: 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def : 1/2 point PPR

The trade involved Matt Forte being offered for Miles Austin, and was offered around 10pm. It was accepted about 2am.

I am sure both parties were intoxicated, and neither one had any knowledge of Austin's injury prior to accepting the trade. Yes I know the trade was bad to begin with, but the offer came from the owner with Forte.

Normally I would just let this stand, as I try to make it a rule to let any trades that do not display any form of collusion stand, and let the owners pay for their own mistakes. But I did recieve an appeal from the Forte owner to cancel the trade at 8am upon him finding out that Austin is out for maybe 3 weeks. I contacted the other owner, who I woke up, and he had no knowledge of Austin being hurt, and in fact thought I was refferring to Romo's injury.

The second owner has offered to throw in LT, Danny Woodhead, and another WR as a sort of pity payment upon learning about Austin's injury.

I do not want to set a precedent for vetoing trades when an injury is discovered after the fact. Any input on the situation would be greatly appreciated.
bombtek56
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Dilemma

Postby spodog » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:07 pm

What's the dilemma. Let the trade go through as originally negotiated. This injury is not a season ending injury, it is the same type of wear and tear injury that 75% of the skill position players will have at some point during the season this year.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:33 am

spodog wrote:What's the dilemma. Let the trade go through as originally negotiated. This injury is not a season ending injury, it is the same type of wear and tear injury that 75% of the skill position players will have at some point during the season this year.

This. No pity additions or anything else. The straight up deal, as originally agreed upon is the way to go ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MPappadato » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:26 pm

spodog wrote:What's the dilemma. Let the trade go through as originally negotiated. This injury is not a season ending injury, it is the same type of wear and tear injury that 75% of the skill position players will have at some point during the season this year.

Right answer, potentially wrong reason. The severity of the injury shouldn't come in to play. Deal was made honestly, deal should stand.
MPappadato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Return to Commissioner's Corner