How bad in KC going to be this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How bad in KC going to be this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How bad in KC going to be this year?

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Losing Moeaki to a torn ACL (suffered in the 4th preseason game no less, if I recall correctly) was a bad sign of things to come.

Losing Berry to a torn ACL was a terrible loss to their defense.

Now, with Charles on IR...

They have been outscored a combined 89-10 through 2 games...

Buffalo torched them in Arrowhead.

Detroit destroyed them at Detroit.

Week 3 is a trip to beautiful San Diego who's coming off a bad loss to the Patriots... and I predict another 40+ pt demolishing.

Week 4 Minnesota (and Adrian Peterson) come a calling (in KC)

Week 5 the Chiefs head to Indy (sans Peyton Manning)...

Oakland and Denver a combined 4 times.

If the Chiefs don't win one of those (Oakland x2, Denver x2, Vikings, Colts), is another "un"-perfect season in the cards? 0-16 Andrew Luck derby winner????

It's hard to lose every game in the NFL, but the Chiefs have the look of a loser after 2 weeks & 3 devastating injuries to 3 very important cogs in what appears to be a (now) very broken machine.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How bad in KC going to be this year?

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:35 pm

i honestly feel like their only real shot at a win is against the colts. they look absolutely horrible. i know on any given sunday any team can pull it out...so they always have a shot...but im betting against them. they look bad on both sides of the ball.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:36 pm

There seems to be 4 teams bidding for the services of Andrew Luck and this doesn't look like a very strong draft for QBs...

Seattle Seahawks
Indianapolis Colts
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:47 pm

They have allowed 3 rushing touchdowns & 8 passing touchdowns through 2 games.

They have scored 1 - and the guy who scored it is now on IR.

They are 30th in total offense, dead last (32nd) in scoring offense.

They are 23rd in total defense, dead last (32nd) in scoring defense.

If there was a mercy rule, it would already be put into effect for week 3 - San Diego is going to dismember them.

Has Haley been fired yet? Not soon enough...
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby spodog » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:13 pm

This nugget was posted to a Chiefs message board this morning. LOL.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell granted Chiefs owner Clark Hunt permission to seek a move yesterday after the Chiefs' embarrassing defeat at the hands of the Detroit Lions. Goodell by phone expressed, "a move of the Kansas City Chiefs to a college conference would serve both the Chiefs and the NFL well."

However, it is being reported that Chiefs owner Clark Hunt's efforts have thus far proven unproductive. After speaking with six different conferences, only the Pioneer League has shown some initial interest but even that could be difficult. Of the ten teams in the conference, only Marist, Drake and Valparaiso are leaning towards accepting the Chiefs as a new team beginning in 2012. The five other conferences approached by Hunt were the Mid-American Conference, Mountain West, Sun Belt, Big Sky and the Missouri Valley, all rejecting Hunt's request of moving the Chiefs.

NCAA officials announced their concern of any conference accepting the Chiefs as a new member, "The NCAA has always set a high standard for success on the grid iron and would be greatly concerned about the Chiefs participation," Chancellor of Football Bo Stienwrothburgh. "Adding the Chiefs to any conference would endanger the success achieved thus far."

Hunt could still look to move playing operations to the Canadian League but that is unlikely at this point in time.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:41 pm

spodog wrote:This nugget was posted to a Chiefs message board this morning. LOL.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell granted Chiefs owner Clark Hunt permission to seek a move yesterday after the Chiefs' embarrassing defeat at the hands of the Detroit Lions. Goodell by phone expressed, "a move of the Kansas City Chiefs to a college conference would serve both the Chiefs and the NFL well."

However, it is being reported that Chiefs owner Clark Hunt's efforts have thus far proven unproductive. After speaking with six different conferences, only the Pioneer League has shown some initial interest but even that could be difficult. Of the ten teams in the conference, only Marist, Drake and Valparaiso are leaning towards accepting the Chiefs as a new team beginning in 2012. The five other conferences approached by Hunt were the Mid-American Conference, Mountain West, Sun Belt, Big Sky and the Missouri Valley, all rejecting Hunt's request of moving the Chiefs.

NCAA officials announced their concern of any conference accepting the Chiefs as a new member, "The NCAA has always set a high standard for success on the grid iron and would be greatly concerned about the Chiefs participation," Chancellor of Football Bo Stienwrothburgh. "Adding the Chiefs to any conference would endanger the success achieved thus far."

Hunt could still look to move playing operations to the Canadian League but that is unlikely at this point in time.

hahahaha that was a good one
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Chicago 2 wrote:There seems to be 4 teams bidding for the services of Andrew Luck and this doesn't look like a very strong draft for QBs...

Seattle Seahawks
Indianapolis Colts
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins

Obviously Seattle is building a team before grabbing a QB so their inclusion here makes sense. The Dolphins do too, although Henne hasn't really been bad, but rather put up against the Patriots' and Texans' high scoring offenses. The Chiefs are in a bit of a bind...in order to get a new QB they might need to dump their GM (Scott Pioli) after making that terrible trade for Matt Cassel. This would probably be a smart move but will come with repercussions for sure. And as much as people think the Colts are going to get Luck I just can't see them sinking *that* much money into a single position. The Colts would trade down instead of take another QB.

Also, I'm not sure I would call the 2012 class a weak class. Both Barkley and Luck look worth the hype, and there are few others that look promising (from a casual observer's perspective). I think the real issue here is that the 2011 class was probably over-hyped and you're going to see teams struggle because of the early investment on some QBs that shouldn't have been drafted in the first round.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LMack » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:30 pm

I just don't get the total collapse of Matt Cassel. Watching the Patriots in the 2008 season there was obviously a palpable difference between Cassel and Tom Brady, but by the end of the year he had developed enough where he was atleast tolerable. He wasn't very mistake prone as a QB. I haven't watched full games of Matt Cassel as much since the 2008 season, but the highlights I've seen of the 2011 Chiefs are just confusing to me. He's making mental mistakes that he wasn't making over two full seasons ago. I know losing Moeaki hurts as he was a solid pass catching tight end, but these numbers are just ugly.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby biju » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:40 pm

LMack wrote:I just don't get the total collapse of Matt Cassel. Watching the Patriots in the 2008 season there was obviously a palpable difference between Cassel and Tom Brady, but by the end of the year he had developed enough where he was atleast tolerable. He wasn't very mistake prone as a QB. I haven't watched full games of Matt Cassel as much since the 2008 season, but the highlights I've seen of the 2011 Chiefs are just confusing to me. He's making mental mistakes that he wasn't making over two full seasons ago. I know losing Moeaki hurts as he was a solid pass catching tight end, but these numbers are just ugly.

First, I'm going to state that Tom Brady is the top QB in the game today. That said, the Patriots are a system team and that means if Brain Hoyer/Ryan Mallett step in for Brady they are going to find some semblance of success. The Pioli/Cassel thing was Belicheck posturing perfection and I'm surprised by the number of teams that will still deal with the Patriots.

Also, losing Charlie Weis was a huge blow to Cassel. I'm not sure how many of you watched the end of that Bills/Raiders game, but that final playcall at the goalline by Weis was a moment of beauty in that in it's complexity there was also a simpleness to it and if you pay close enough attention there were actually two different receivers that could have been thrown to. The middle was certainly the first read, but he had the right corner as well. Anyway, getting a new OC certainly isn't easy, and downgrading makes it more difficult.

Finally, I don't think even Todd Haley's mother would defend him in keeping that job. I think he's lost the team and is probably only about 3 or 4 games away from getting fired. It's too bad, he was a great OC with the right players...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby woodson_28 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:49 pm

I live in the KC area and on he bright side we can start talking about the Royals again in 6 months.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk