Urgent: Fred Davis for Owen Daniels? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Urgent: Fred Davis for Owen Daniels? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Urgent: Fred Davis for Owen Daniels? WHIR

Postby JimJones » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:51 pm

The guy who sent me this trade lurks these boards from time to time so I need responses quick before he gets the chance to take a look.

I'm being offered Fred Davis in exchange for my Owen Daniels.

Do I pull the trigger on this?

Just for clarity:
I give Owen Daniels. I get Fred Davis.

Daniels has produced 11 fantasy points in 2 games whereas Davis has produced a total of 31 fantasy points in 2 games.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by JimJones on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
QB: B. Roethlisberger
RB1: D. Murray
RB2: D. Sproles
WR1: J. Jones
WR2: P. Harvin
Flex: J. Maclin
TE: J. Graham
K: J. Hanson
DEF: Play by match-ups

Bench:
C.J. Spiller
Fred Jackson
Randall Cobb
Jerome Simpson
Reuben Randle
Fred Davis
JimJones
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Fred Davis for Owen Daniels?

Postby wiggythedog » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:57 pm

yes
wiggythedog
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fred Davis for Owen Daniels? WHIR

Postby JimJones » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Thanks...Anyone else?

Bench:
C.J. Spiller
Fred Jackson
Randall Cobb
Jerome Simpson
Reuben Randle
Fred Davis
JimJones
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GoodOl'Days » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:09 pm

Davis is high risk/reward, Daniels is a solid bet for production. The cafe had Daniels as #5 going in to this week and Davis at #13. I think Davis will obviously move up and probably be just behind Keller and Daniels. The other owner is definitely trying to sell high, buy low and probably doesn't believe in Grossman. The thing is, QBs in Rex's position often lean on their TEs and Davis is a J. Finley-like physical freak who is now showing the route-running and hands needed to be a productive fantasy TE. Still, I would keep Daniels if only Davis is offered straight up, for now. I'd counter-offer a four player deal with what you feel is a good win for you at another position and work with the owner on the premise that Daniels is a step above Davis.

Don't go too far though, Davis' value will drop over the next two weeks. He plays the Rams, who make it a point to stop the tight end as a basis of their defensive scheme. And then there is a bye week. This is were you buy Fred Davis. He's about to face the Eagle and Panthers, who are excellent TE matchups, maybe the best in the league. In fact, after looking in all this I'm going to do the same.
GoodOl'Days
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Urgent: Fred Davis for Owen Daniels? WHIR

Postby JimJones » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Haha wow, thanks; Awesome response.

Bench:
C.J. Spiller
Fred Jackson
Randall Cobb
Jerome Simpson
Reuben Randle
Fred Davis
JimJones
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JimJones » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:39 pm

GoodOl'Days wrote:Davis is high risk/reward, Daniels is a solid bet for production. The cafe had Daniels as #5 going in to this week and Davis at #13. I think Davis will obviously move up and probably be just behind Keller and Daniels. The other owner is definitely trying to sell high, buy low and probably doesn't believe in Grossman. The thing is, QBs in Rex's position often lean on their TEs and Davis is a J. Finley-like physical freak who is now showing the route-running and hands needed to be a productive fantasy TE. Still, I would keep Daniels if only Davis is offered straight up, for now. I'd counter-offer a four player deal with what you feel is a good win for you at another position and work with the owner on the premise that Daniels is a step above Davis.

Don't go too far though, Davis' value will drop over the next two weeks. He plays the Rams, who make it a point to stop the tight end as a basis of their defensive scheme. And then there is a bye week. This is were you buy Fred Davis. He's about to face the Eagle and Panthers, who are excellent TE matchups, maybe the best in the league. In fact, after looking in all this I'm going to do the same.

Nothing is working in terms of adding extra players and Daniels for Davis straight up is the only thing he would do. I know this guy very well and I know he's not stupid enough to judge someone based on one bad game so the 2nd strategy wouldn't work either...

So my question is, with daniels have performed poor to mediocre in his last 2 games, and davis performing mediocre to great in his last 2 games, is going for this trade worth the risk? Is there even much risk? Daniels has not performed so far as he was thought to and Davis has had some great performances thus far and I would think has higher potential. If going for this trade straight up just between the 2 players was only an option now and only now, would you pull the trigger?

Bench:
C.J. Spiller
Fred Jackson
Randall Cobb
Jerome Simpson
Reuben Randle
Fred Davis
JimJones
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Urgent: Fred Davis for Owen Daniels? WHIR

Postby jonboycubs » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:52 pm

jonboycubs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GoodOl'Days » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:57 pm

JimJones wrote: If going for this trade straight up just between the 2 players was only an option now and only now, would you pull the trigger?

No. Daniels doesn't have a Cooley competing with him. Daniels is in the perfect position to put up consistent numbers, that's why your friend wants him.
GoodOl'Days
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions