Trade: Starks for McGahee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade: Starks for McGahee

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade: Starks for McGahee

Postby medium_robin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:08 pm

I have a trade offer. I'd get Starks and give McGahee. The other guy has Moreno and wants McGahee as the handcuff.

My other RB's are: Foster, Gore, Bradshaw, Stewart

I'm tempted, because I see McGahee as a starter for a few weeks while Starks should be starting from now on. I think it would let me start Gore and Bradshaw with Starks at the flex until Foster is healthy. Or it would give me a strong backup for bye weeks.

100% WHIR, so leave a link.
medium_robin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade: Starks for McGahee

Postby inSANITyFootball » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Sorry for not answering your thread but, why do people ask for advice on 1 for 1 trades, when its the same position?

I'm not trying to be difficult, but fantasy football is all based on speculation. When you are dealing with a 1 for 1 trade at the same position there is no objective advice someone can give. Meaning you are taking 100% subjective advice from people you do not know. Atleast with other questions people could lend an opinion with comparison to how your roster is at other positions.

I just think in these situations do what you feel is right, and take into consideration, if someone is offering you this trade they obviously don't like the player they are giving you or they wouldn't be offering you him.
inSANITyFootball
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby medium_robin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:22 pm

I know it's all speculation. I like Starks more than McGahee. But I'd like a sanity check to make sure I'm not crazy or missing something. Like I said, I see McGahee as a handcuff for Moreno owners useful for a couple of weeks at best. I see Starks becoming full-time starter as soon as next week and useful as a flex almost any week from here on out. Crazy?
medium_robin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby inSANITyFootball » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:28 pm

medium_robin wrote:I know it's all speculation. I like Starks more than McGahee. But I'd like a sanity check to make sure I'm not crazy or missing something. Like I said, I see McGahee as a handcuff for Moreno owners useful for a couple of weeks at best. I see Starks becoming full-time starter as soon as next week and useful as a flex almost any week from here on out. Crazy?

This isn't posted particularly at you just at the type of post in general and the type of answers that most posters give on this board.

I see McGahee has the better option.

1. He is still going to share carries with Grant no matter what.
2. GB throws more than anyone
3. On Goal line plays they will hand the ball to the fullback.
4. Moreno sucks and will get injured (already is)
inSANITyFootball
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions