Danario Alexander - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Danario Alexander

Moderator: Football Moderators

Danario Alexander

Postby kaxx » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:17 pm

I'm unfortunately unable to watch this game tonight, but noticed he has over 100 yards and a TD. Is he all that?

I need another WR, is he worth the loss of a waiver pickup (I'm limited to 35 this season)?

My WR's:

Brandon Lloyd
AJ Green
Santonio Holmes
Lee Evans
Brandon Lafell
Julio Jones

I have James Laurinitus and Terrell Suggs, tough decision who to drop for him if I do. Any suggestions? Or should I stay?

Thanks
kaxx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Danario Alexander

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:24 pm

I'm not a huge enough believe yet to award Alexander a roster spot and the expense of dropping one of your WR or either of your D players.

I've watched this whole game and yes Alexander has looked good, but there are two other contributing factors:

1. No SJax, the Rams got down early and have been passing damn near every down since. With SJax in there they become more balanced and won't see Bradford attempting 50 passes a game with a healthy Jackson.

2. The NYG DBs have looked terrible to be kind. To be honest both secondaries look lost out there tonight, so I wouldn't read too much into it. Heck even MSW should record a 100-yard game tonight.

Overall Alexander could be a nice add because of his QB and his size/physical ability, but not at the expense of any of your WR. I'd hold on to what you have as I see AJ Green or Lee Evans being your worst WR, and those two are not worthy of dumping for Alexander.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kaxx » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:29 pm

Oh no, the WR's were for reference only. I have two LB's in Suggs and Laurinitus (this is according to yahoo, though technically suggs ins't a LB yahoo calls him one), planning to drop one anyway after my byes have cleared then noticed they both have the same bye week.....

Still a bad idea? If not any suggestion which one to drop? I'm thinking Suggs acutally.

Thanks for the info on the game, it makes perfect sense but as you can see I'm kinda hard up for needing another WR. I do think AJ Green makes a great 3rd WR, possibly WR2.
kaxx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:50 pm

kaxx wrote:Oh no, the WR's were for reference only. I have two LB's in Suggs and Laurinitus (this is according to yahoo, though technically suggs ins't a LB yahoo calls him one), planning to drop one anyway after my byes have cleared then noticed they both have the same bye week.....

Still a bad idea? If not any suggestion which one to drop? I'm thinking Suggs acutally.

Thanks for the info on the game, it makes perfect sense but as you can see I'm kinda hard up for needing another WR. I do think AJ Green makes a great 3rd WR, possibly WR2.

In that case then yes I would grab him. What other WR are available tho? Cuz honestly Alexander's stats are severely inflated tonight, hell he caught a 25 yarder, fell on his back inbetween 2 DBs, got back up and ran for another 30. That was the kind of night it was tonight with the terrible DB play.

But if you are carrying two LBs and can only play one then I would dump Suggs, don't cut Lauri.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions