Trade For: Wallace or Steve Smith (CAR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade For: Wallace or Steve Smith (CAR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade For: Wallace or Steve Smith (CAR)

Postby outwithbrokentaint » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:51 am

I'm curious who I should trade for in my league. The other owner was on the other end of the Charles ACL tear and needs a RB desperately, and I have an extra runner I'm giving him and I'm looking for a WR to complete my team. I already have two quality starters and would like a third. I keep thinking I should ask for Smith, though I can't decide. Newton obviously can't pass for 400 yards a game every game, but can he pass enough to keep Smith producing? They'll be playing from behind quite a bit.

Is Wallace routinely double covered? If not, how long before he will be?

Any help's appreciated.
outwithbrokentaint
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade For: Wallace or Steve Smith (CAR)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:55 am

i like S Smith, and i think he is one of the most potential WR you can pick from wavier.
However, Wallace is someone you'll never find in waiver list and is doing extremely well this season, he even got decent points when Steeler is killed by Ravens in week1.
if you can get Wallace for the same price you are paying for S Smith, always pick Wallace. even if it's steeler vs ravens game
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby outwithbrokentaint » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:36 pm

It's not on the waiver wire, it's in a trade. I'm sending him a running back, and he's sending me a WR. I just want to know which one will have the better season.
outwithbrokentaint

Postby Birdem » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:40 pm

whoever is getting mike wallace wins this trade. I do not get why would a guy that lost charles for the season is going to want to trade recievers maybe I m lost here.
Birdem
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mpapa720 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:41 pm

What I think he meant was, at the beginning of the year Smith was waiver wire material (in some leagues). Whereas Wallace was never found on the waiver wire in any league. Therefore, Wallace should be targetted here if you can get him. Wallace is a stud now and at the end of the year. Smith is a stud now, but you don't know how he'll end up with Newton as his QB.

Help with mine please viewtopic.php?t=497875
mpapa720
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Birdem wrote:whoever is getting mike wallace wins this trade. I do not get why would a guy that lost charles for the season is going to want to trade recievers maybe I m lost here.

maybe owner of Charles have 3-4 decent WR but only 1-2 stud or decent RB, therefore give Wallace or Smith for another decent RB will help his starting team.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:41 pm

mpapa720 wrote:What I think he meant was, at the beginning of the year Smith was waiver wire material (in some leagues). Whereas Wallace was never found on the waiver wire in any league. Therefore, Wallace should be targetted here if you can get him. Wallace is a stud now and at the end of the year. Smith is a stud now, but you don't know how he'll end up with Newton as his QB.

Help with mine please viewtopic.php?t=497875

exactly what i mean, thank you for explain that ;-D
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby outwithbrokentaint » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Chaoyi Shih wrote:
Birdem wrote:whoever is getting mike wallace wins this trade. I do not get why would a guy that lost charles for the season is going to want to trade recievers maybe I m lost here.

maybe owner of Charles have 3-4 decent WR but only 1-2 stud or decent RB, therefore give Wallace or Smith for another decent RB will help his starting team.

Pretty much. He has a good group of starting WR but his RBs aren't even starters. He's willing to give one up for a starting RB.

I get Smith has more of a risk because of Newton, but he at least has shown he can be productive. I'm not a big Pitt viewer, I'm not sure if Wallace is Roethlisberger's favorite guy. I think he is, but I get this feeling he'll just resort to Ward and Miller and let Wallace be feast or famine. Long catch or nothing. Are these worries incorrect?

Also, I've seen both of Newton's games and he's no joke. He's still green but he looks to pass before he looks to run, and he can get the ball to Smith. I'm just worried about his health.
outwithbrokentaint

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Big Ben likes Wallace, because he like to hold on to the ball, and make big throw, and Wallace is the best deep threat WR in PIT.
occasionally he will throw to Miller, and he only throw to Ward at crucial play, which is great for the team, but not in term of fantasy football points.

you can gamble on S Smith, if you believe S smith is better than Wallace, but market value wise, Wallace is much higher than Smith

i really think week1 is good indicator on who's Ben's favorite target. especially when they are behind.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby outwithbrokentaint » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:53 pm

Another thing I keep thinking of is in the past, Ben likes to spread the ball out. He'll look for whoever is open sometimes. Newton seems to want to get the ball to Smith.
outwithbrokentaint

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions