Vick for Mojo..WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Vick for Mojo..WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vick for Mojo..WHIR!

Postby mpt3489 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:29 pm

This is a 10-team league with QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF lineups. Scoring is fairly default, but there is 1 point given per 25 return yards and 6 points for a return touchdown.

If I did this trade I would be starting Matt Stafford.

I give:
Michael Vick

I GET:
Maurice Jones-Drew

My starting QB is Michael Vick, but could I have Stafford on my bench. The QB's on the waiver wire are currently Kyle Orton, , Mark Sanchez, Colt McCoy, and Chad Henne,so there are plenty of options out there to fill the backup hole. I want to partner Mojo with my 2 RBs (Forte and McCoy) because i have been getting nothing from the flex on my team (DeAngelo and Pierre Thomas are giving me nothing). Also the possibility that Vick missses a week or 2 from the concussion is possible.

My Starting Roster:
QB Michael Vick (Phi - QB)
WR Dez Bryant (Dal - WR)
WR Percy Harvin (Min - WR)
WR Austin Collie (Ind - WR)
RB LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB)
RB Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
TE Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
W/R DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
K Josh Brown (StL - K)
DEF Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
mpt3489
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Vick for Mojo..WHIR!

Postby l1sten » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:44 pm

I would do this trade no doubt about it. I am worried about Vick staying healthy, and I think MJD makes your RB's unstoppable. I am also very up on Stafford. He looks great and his weapons are firing on all cylinders. I'm sure there will be varying opinions, but I'd pull the trigger on this one.

Thanks for the help with mine.
l1sten
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:54 pm

i would pull the trigger, Vick isnt going to stop running, and teams are going to keep bringing blitz's till he proves he can stop them. Stafford is more then capable starter, just grab someone like a kolb or fitzpatrick, orton even. this would make your rb's beastly!
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby tracyjesq » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:55 pm

I absolutely would do this trade. I think Vick could miss at least next week with concussion and I'm big on Stafford. I think he's going to have a great year. You will be totally stacked at RB.

Help with mine please. viewtopic.php?t=497902
tracyjesq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 16)

Postby skoo9382 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:56 pm

i'd pull this trade in a heartbeat. If you had a lesser backup QB, i'd reconsider, but Stafford is poised for a breakout season.

of course there's always the threat of injuries to stafford and mjd, but barring all injuries i'd take this trade everyday of the week and twice on sundays.
skoo9382
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PatriotsFTW » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:59 pm

I would take the trade definitely.....especially now that Vick has had a concussion, don't expect to see him in this weeks game...Stafford is a monster and is throwing to somoene who can catch anything. It never hurts to have MJD, especially if you can just pick up kyle orton off waivers.
PatriotsFTW
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:00 pm

with Stafford, you can trade Vick for MJD
just remember, Jac is using MJD very carefully, therefore, don't expect him to bring some beast number, but at least MJD will be healthier than before.
it's still better than DWilliams though
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby snaddles » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:03 pm

i agree - go for this trade. time to cash in on stafford one way or another and like everyone else said, vicks health is an issue.

viewtopic.php?t=497870
snaddles
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 6)

Postby unkle » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:08 pm

vick got concussed and doesnt have the protection he needs but he has time with an offense built around him and his weapons are undeniable

stafford seems to be breaking out with great weapons, but has injury history as well

MJD great back but the offense in jaguars stinks with luke mccown at qb. wonder when teams will stack against the run

i think it makes sense because if you only start 1 qb, then why waste the talent on the bench when you can turn it into a piece you can start.

youre stacked at RB but you need a WR more
please help with my team, WHIR

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=537880
unkle
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 7)

Postby johnhoefer » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:29 pm

I don't like MJD, its still an upgrade over DeAngelo, but not enough value for Vick.

I bet you can make 2 upgrades with Vick. Get a second tier WR or RB and good TE. Replace Collie and Olsen with better options and you would be better off. With Olsen and Deangelo you have two players that aren't red zone threats for Carolina. Get rid of one of them for sure, but upgrade at TE and at RB or WR.
johnhoefer
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions