Rodgers, AP Trade Help. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Rodgers, AP Trade Help. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rodgers, AP Trade Help. WHIR

Postby mase088 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:53 pm

I am thinking about proposing a trade, assuming I get my desired wavier Pick-up.

Right now I am hurting because of Foster's hamstring, although i do have Ben Tate, I have a feeling this year may wind up with a time share between the two. And for the time being, at least a very hard time guessing who will get the most carries.

I have Rodgers as my current QB with Orton as my back-up. My other RB's are Wells, Benson, Greene, and Jacobs.

I am going to try and pick up Fitzpatrick when the waivers go through tomorrow and If I get him, I am thinking about offering a trade that is ver similar to this.

I give Rodgers, Greene (or Benson) . He gives AP, and Nelson or maybe Wallace. He is deep enough at WR to lose one, and is currently starting Forte along side AP. His QB's at this point are P. Manning, Cassel, Henne. He is very low on the waiver order and won't get Fitzpatrick.

My question to you guys is, If your RB's were AP, Tate, Foster, Wells, Greene or Benson, and Jacobs would you feel comfortable starting Fitzpatrick or Orton every week? My WR's would also become Nicks, Stevie Johnson, and Wallace or Nelson, with Lee Evans and Malcolm Floyd as well.

Let me know guys WHIR
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rodgers, AP Trade Help. WHIR

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:15 pm

i like the idea of getting either Fitzpatrick or Newton, then trade original top QB for better RB or WR

but Rodger/Greene for AP/Nelson/Wallace is definitely asking too much
AP is slightly better than Rodger since we have so many decent QB (Newton, Fitzpatrick, Grossman) and not enough elite RB with Foster hamstring, Charles out for the season. But it's pretty even trade and could possibly go through if he like Rodger enough and have strong RBs to afford losing AP.

however, Greene for Nelson/Wallace is just too much

If you do get Fitzpatrick, try propose Rodger for AP, or even Rodger/Benson or Greene for AP/Nelson
Forget about Wallace, i just don't think people will be that dumb to give Wallace for Greene or Benson.

he might even counter propose Wallace/Nelson for Rodger, which you probably don't want to
i just don't understand why you want improve your RB before your WR.
what's your starting lineup?
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby mase088 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:40 am

Chaoyi Shih wrote:i like the idea of getting either Fitzpatrick or Newton, then trade original top QB for better RB or WR

AP is slightly better than Rodger since we have so many decent QB (Newton, Fitzpatrick, Grossman) and not enough elite RB with Foster hamstring, Charles out for the season. But it's pretty even trade and could possibly go through if he like Rodger enough and have strong RBs to afford losing AP.

If you do get Fitzpatrick, try propose Rodger for AP, or even Rodger/Benson or Greene for AP/Nelson
Forget about Wallace, i just don't think people will be that dumb to give Wallace for Greene or Benson.

he might even counter propose Wallace/Nelson for Rodger, which you probably don't want to

That is what I was saying. I am going to offer him Rodgers/Greene (or his choice of Benson instead) for AP/Wallace(or his choice of Nelson instead).

It is either I offer him that, or now that I have Fitzpatrick, Fitz/Greene(Or his choice of Benson) for Forte/Wallace(or his choice of Nelson).

Which would you guys do, if this was your roster:

QB Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
RB Beanie Wells, Ari RB
RB Ben Tate, Hou RB
RB/WR Cedric Benson, Cin RB
WR Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR
WR Steve Johnson, Buf WR
TE Kellen Winslow, TB TE
D/ST Texans D/ST D/ST
K Josh Brown, StL K
Bench Shonn Greene, NYJ RB
Bench Malcom Floyd, SD WR
Bench Brandon Jacobs, NYG RB
Bench Lee Evans, Bal WR
Bench Arian Foster, Hou RB
Bench Kyle Orton, Den QB
Bench Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buf QB

Thanks Guys. WHIR
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Halo Girl » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:53 am

I think either deal will help you. Both Forte and AP would be upgrades. I think it comes down to how comfortable do you feel with Fitz as your QB for the year. If you're good with him then I'd say try for AP and if not Forte is a good back, and an upgrade as well. I think getting rid of Greene is good and Wallace or Nelson would both be good additions.

Please help: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=498198&p=3351956#p3351956
Halo Girl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:22 pm

mase088 wrote:
Chaoyi Shih wrote:i like the idea of getting either Fitzpatrick or Newton, then trade original top QB for better RB or WR

That is what I was saying. I am going to offer him Rodgers/Greene (or his choice of Benson instead) for AP/Wallace(or his choice of Nelson instead).

It is either I offer him that, or now that I have Fitzpatrick, Fitz/Greene(Or his choice of Benson) for Forte/Wallace(or his choice of Nelson).

Which would you guys do, if this was your roster:

QB Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
RB Beanie Wells, Ari RB
RB Ben Tate, Hou RB
RB/WR Cedric Benson, Cin RB
WR Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR
WR Steve Johnson, Buf WR
TE Kellen Winslow, TB TE
D/ST Texans D/ST D/ST
K Josh Brown, StL K
Bench Shonn Greene, NYJ RB
Bench Malcom Floyd, SD WR
Bench Brandon Jacobs, NYG RB
Bench Lee Evans, Bal WR
Bench Arian Foster, Hou RB
Bench Kyle Orton, Den QB
Bench Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buf QB

Thanks Guys. WHIR

sorry if i didn't make myself clear, i was meaning Greene for Wallace is asking a little too much.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mase088 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:32 pm

Maybe so. But he is deep enough at WR and when I was talking to him about trading he seemed to like Jordy Nelson more than wallace so i said he could give me either.
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:49 pm

if you can trade green for wallace, definitely make the move
Nelson, ah... sometime i even found him on FA and still don't want pick him up
i just can't trust any GB WR except Jenning.

Wallace will be your perfect WR2 and have Benson and S.Johnson fight over flex
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mase088 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:07 pm

Yea I'm not sure what to think about Nelson yet. He is definitely on his way to be a solid WR 2 though. If he continues to impress, having him and Rodgers may be a nice little combo.
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions