Asking For Insight - RB Situation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Asking For Insight - RB Situation

Moderator: Football Moderators

Asking For Insight - RB Situation

Postby ucanfindme1 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:06 pm

New here, thanks for the add and viewership (is that a word).
My Rb roster spots are:
Felix Jones DAL, Danny Woodhead NEN, K.Moreno DEN, and I have waiver tag to acquire D.Thomas MIA.

F.Jones is injured and may not be 100 percent for Monday Night, and may not be 100 percent for awhile. Should I check into CHOICE ? With that, is status of Qb T.Romo DAL. With ribs injury, that will affect the passing game, putting more pressure on the Run Game . . . But, my league is Points Per Yard(s) as well as TD. I favor the Rb's that get dual purpose yards, but the good ones are few and far between.

K.Moreno has been well under performance with Hamstring, and DEN Qb Orton isn't all that . . . so again, pressure on the run game . . . but I have no clue of DEN second alternate of Rb . . . anyone worth it ?

My table priority the next 24 hours is to solve the Rb situation on my roster. I can cover points with my WR and TE positions. I have V.Jackson SDG, G.Jennings GBA and D.Branch NEN, TE are R.Gronkoswki (sp) NEN, and K.Winslow TBA . . . I (set) Z.Miller SEA out on release to acquire D.Thomas RB MIA. Hopefully that waiver acquire gets approved.

I see that I most likely will survive and still possibly win my (next) matchup, but with injuries now happening, the leftover selections are thin. Should I still go after "the best of the rest" . . .

I have been watching JAC Rb D.Karim . . . it's interesting for teams that are not Top Tier for passing attack (New England, Atlanta, etc). That's where those 3rd down Rb's can be a quiet gem with Pass/Rush options . . .

What is the unbiased opinions and insight on Karim JAC, or Forsett SEA, or Choice DAL ?
ucanfindme1
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Asking For Insight - RB Situation

Postby Chicago 2 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:28 am

You are VERY thin at RB.

Hopefully you can claim Daniel Thomas, looks like he has taken over the starting gig in Miami and has some solid potential, I'd start him over any of your other options.

I was very optimistic about Felix Jones as well this year so his injury disappoints me. Don't give up on him, he did alright vs. the Jets, still might possibly play vs. the Redskins. He has faced two tough defenses. I honestly couldn't tell you who is next in line after him, could be Choice or Murray.

It looks like Willis McGahee has taken the starting gig from Moreno, if he is available then grab him. Moreno continues to under-perform or he continues to be injured, I have a hard time seeing him becoming a valuable fantasy commodity.

Unless MJD or Lynch gets injured, don't bother adding Karim or Forsett unless you are in a very deep league (14+ teams). Choice could become useful if Jones is out for an extended period of time but Murray could be the successor as well. Is Roy Helu available? He is a deep sleeper that could eventually take over for Hightower, ran the ball well in week 2, your not going to start him soon but he is a guy to keep your eye on.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby ucanfindme1 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:55 am

Thanks Chicago. Where you at, and what/how is your team doing ?

Here - it's 14 teams . . . I drafted 8 of 14 rotating snake style . . . so I was always 8, or 7 each round . . . recent 24 hours = I missed out on D.Thomas via "waiver", due to waiver approval priority settings . . . so I went after Karim JAC. I just don't feel confident with F.Jones (shoulder) + T.Romo (ribs), so Rb.Choice could be used to carry offensive slack, but - the opposing DEF against Dallas will simply 8 in the box to stop the run . . . ? Romo can't throw deep with (ribs). So I don't know if (any) Dallas Rb is going to do well. Moreno DEN, geez, hamstring is something that lingers. Feels good on Saturday, but after the 1st Qtr on Sunday, aggravations, swelling, strain and back on bench for 2nd half . . . all too common. What do you (see) with Rb Ball @ Denver ? I'm hesitant of Morena (still), either he underperforms (true) or practically no-show . . . but I can't tell Broncos to sit his butt, so I can get points with Ball or Rb2. I really like the idea of Rb that gets screen play action too . . . but there aren't many good ones left out there.

I was reviewing this morning:
Forsett SEA, Karim JAC (I did add), Choice DAL, R.Williams (BAL) - Is there anything left in him ?, Gerhart MIN, Reece OAK ( ? ) is that where he is at ? Ball DEN ? I really saw D.Thomas being the fill in, but waiver rules and priority rotations settings "stole" him out overnight . . . I had my "waiver" out there waiting approval . . . but got beat out . . . I should still survive my game match I have a decent roster to "compensate" Rb situation. Feel free to offer feedback.

Qb1 P.Rivers SDG
Qb2 C.McCoy CLE
Wr1 V.Jackson SDG
Wr2 G.Jennings GBA
Wr3 D.Branch NEN
Rb1 F.Jones DAL
Rb2 K.Moreno DEN
Rb3 D.Woodhead NEN
Rb4 D.Karim JAC
Te1 R.Gronkowski NEN
Te2 K.Winslow TBA
K1 J.Kasay NOR
K2 M.Bryant ALT
D/S Arizona

NOTE: I had Te3 Z.Miller SEA, and posted him out (waiver) for D.Thomas Rb MIA, but I didnt' get that, so I (did) 2nd waiver request to get D.Karim (releasing) Z.Miller.
ucanfindme1

Postby c0megets0me » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:51 pm

I would pick up Thomas for sure and would even add Murray, dont pick up Choice he's looked pretty bad thus far.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby ucanfindme1 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:37 pm

c0megets0me - Thanks for the input/reply also. I missed out on D.Thomas via Waiver Priority Rules/Settings. I ended up releasing Z.Miller SEA TightEnd, to pick up D.Karim Rb JAC. I see (hope) Jaguars utlize the dual purpose Rb options more, being already low on Qb / WR Talent, and now bringing Gabbert (sp?) behind Center. Hopefully, JAC uses Karim as Philly uses L.McCoy Rb. We shall see ?
ucanfindme1

Return to Beginner's Forum