Commissioner Changing Scoring System - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Commissioner Changing Scoring System

Moderator: Football Moderators

Commissioner Changing Scoring System

Postby Dragonz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:40 pm

In a yahoo league I joined. The Commissioner has now changed the scoring system. The first time was after the draft so tech. nothing was affected other than drafting methods. But now after week 2 he has changed them again. It changed the standings and even worse turned wins into losses and losses into wins. Unfortunately you cant drop a team from yahoo leagues once the season has started.

Any thoughts or comments
Dragonz
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Commissioner Changing Scoring System

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:53 pm

that's pretty bush... rules should be final before the draft, and changing them after the season has started just shouldn't happen (if it was set up wrong to begin with, I could see this, but that's not changing the scoring system, it's fixing it to be as it should be - which it already should have been). There are some situations where a really problematic item could be addressed post-draft but that in my mind needs to be a 100% agreed upon item by the league.

If the commish is acting as a maverick/dictator and changing rules, I'd suggest the league tell him that won't fly, possibly get a new commish, and failing all that, find a new league next year.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Commissioner Changing Scoring System

Postby c0megets0me » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:58 pm

I wouldnt paly in a league like that.....If its not a money league I would drop all my players and quit. You cant change scoring after the draft. Everyone should just drop there players and quit.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner