Need WR upgrade, please help. whir - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need WR upgrade, please help. whir

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need WR upgrade, please help. whir

Postby windchill » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:03 pm

Here is my WR/RB's (the rest of my team doesnt work into trade equation):

RB: AP, Hillis, Tate, Green-Ellis, Moreno, RBush
WR: B Llyod, Dez, Julio Jones

As you can see I sacrificed WR's to draft RB's and need to upgrade. We play wr, wr, rb, rb, wr/rb with a .5ppr. Below are the wr/rb's from two teams with wr's I would like to target:

TEAM A:
RB: Foster, Bradshaw, Stewart
WR: Calvin Johnson, Mike Williams (TB), Garcon
(they drafted some pointless bye week plug ins as well)

TEAM B:
RB: J Charles, SJax, Cedric Benson, Ryan Grant
WR: Jennings, Colston, Boldin, S Moss
(the first 2 weeks have desimated(ms?) his team with injuries)

Ideally I would like CJ with Jennings a close 2nd....can I get CJ outright with a package deal or do I need to get Jennings first? I do not want to trade AP, Hillis or Tate if I can avoid it but all wr's are expendable....so can I package 2-3 wr/rb's to get a top WR? Thinking Lloyd/Green-Ellis....

WHIR with link
windchill
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need WR upgrade, please help. whir

Postby NYG1119 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:28 pm

I don't think there is anyway you can get Calvin unless you give him Hillis or AP, he wouldn't really have a deep WR position. Jennings looks more do-able, I think you would be able to do Hillis for Jennings, but as you said you don't want to trade AP, Hillis, or Tate. The thing is though you have a decent set of RB's so that might be the only way.

viewtopic.php?t=497969
NYG1119
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby windchill » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Rethinking about trading Tate...

Would trading Tate (they have Foster) and their choice of WR be enough to get Calvin or will I need to throw in a third player (Preferably a 2nd WR or Moreno/RBush) There is enough potential in FA to cover loss of players.
windchill
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby yaluoza » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:33 pm

I think you can package Tate to the foster owner because Tate's more valuable to him than anyone else in the league. Try Tate and Lloyd for CJ or Tate, another RB, and Dez for CJ and one of his RB's

I think you can package Tate to the foster owner because Tate's more valuable to him than anyone else in the league. Try Tate,
Qb: RGIII, Pryor
Rb: Spiller, Charles, Bryce Brown, Fred Jax, D.Brown, Ogbonnaya
Wr: V-Jax, Boldin, D-jax, T.williams, Collie
Te: Olsen, Gronk
Def: chiefs
K: Bailey
yaluoza
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 62)

Postby jaredmack » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:53 pm

i would say your best bet would to try to deal with team B, they need an rb to make up for charles. instead of targeting jennings i would target Colston, Boldin, S Moss area, they have seemed to be solid so far and you may be able to do a one for one swap?
jaredmack
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GSUFan513 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:58 pm

jaredmack wrote:i would say your best bet would to try to deal with team B, they need an rb to make up for charles. instead of targeting jennings i would target Colston, Boldin, S Moss area, they have seemed to be solid so far and you may be able to do a one for one swap?

Agreed. Go after Boldin or Moss, offer Moreno and Lloyd to get one of the two. I don't think those two are worth a bigtime WR. Moreno is going to have a down year imo.

BTW - viewtopic.php?t=498390 I need some advice! Thanks!
GSUFan513
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby osbtensor » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:21 pm

I too think team b would be the best team to deal with.. injuries will make him more apt to trade. i doubt he takes it but you could offer up something like green-ellis/dez for jennings. problem is that green-ellis isn't that studly of a RB and this guy needs a decent RB. He's got benson and then what.. grant? sjax eventually? he needs a fill-in now. bjge isn't really a big name, but maybe it would draw his attention to offer up a counter?

if you're really targeting a big WR like jennings or megatron, you need to be thinking about one of your bigger RBs. Tate is a decent trade option for team a with foster being on his roster. I doubt any trade with tate tho is going to bring in c. johnson tho. I wouldn't give up johnson for tate/lloyd (arguably your best receiver). and i dout you want to give up three players for one.

bottom line is that if you want a big time receiver you're probably going to have to give up a big time back.

i do like the last suggestion about going after a WR2. i really like moss in a .5 ppr league.

viewtopic.php?t=498414
osbtensor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions