QB and RB Help, WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

QB and RB Help, WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

QB and RB Help, WHIR 100%

Postby ICanGoAllTheWay » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 pm

Ok so I got a couple tough choices for week 3. The first is my QB situation, which involves Romo.

QB:
Romo vs Redskins on MNF
Kolb @ Seahawks

RB (Choose 2)
Steven Jackson vs BAL (sounds like he'll play, he almost played in week 2)
Fred Jackson vs NE
Benjarvus Green-Ellis @ BUF
Cedric Benson vs SF

Right now, I'm really liking Fred Jackson. NE's run defense is suspect, and he is a pretty big feature in their offense. I'd expect the Bills to try to run a lot to keep Brady and their defense off the field. I'd also probably roll out Steven Jackson just because he is my stud, however I'm a bit worried because he is coming off injury and playing Baltimore. I'm not a big fan of Benson, only reason he had a good week 1 was because he busted a meaningless 40 yard TD in the final minutes. BJGE is good, but he barely takes any snaps. They run a lot with Woodhead and a lot of empty backfield.

What should I do? Leave a link, and i'll help you back. Thanks.
ICanGoAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: QB and RB Help, WHIR 100%

Postby SolvusAnima » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:50 pm

To be safe, I'd probably go with Kolb... Idk, I wouldn't feel safe after Romo's injury, personally.

I like Fred Jackson as well, but the problem is that the consensus is that NE will come out slinging, forcing the Bills to do the same to try and keep up, so not much running will occur. However, it does make sense that if the Bills manage to get a lead somehow, they'll want to start pounding the ball with Jackson. In this situation, Jackson is obviously very good.

Now on to the other Jackson. He is indeed a stud, but my concern is a possible reinjury a la Foster, forcing him to miss more time than if he had just rested another week.

If you don't care much about the negatives, I do feel that both Jacksons have better potential than the safer route of Green-Ellis and Benson.

Help on mine appreciated: viewtopic.php?t=498022
SolvusAnima
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Postby FARAGI1989 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Go with the jacksons the difference between foster and jackson is Sjax almost played this week they were just playing it safe, were foster should have never taken the field and should have sat another week. Sjax will be ready, if it makes a difference i have Sjax and will be starting him

help viewtopic.php?t=498021
FARAGI1989
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dolfin99 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:33 pm

It is tough to sit Romo, but given that he has a fractured rib, punctured lung, will be missing Miles Austin and possibly Felix Jones....I would start Kolb.

While I agree that the Pats and Bills will be an all-out aerial assault, the Bills will still run the ball (probably not as often) but Jackson will be heavily involved in the passing game, so I would go with him this week.

As you can tell, I am not high on starting injured players that are questionable throughout the week and Steven Jackson is another one that I would sit. Leg injuries (quad in this case) tend to linger, unless you get rest (see Miles Austin). However, I think he will play, but don't think he will be that effective and will likely lose some carries to Caddy.

That being said, I have Benson and BJGE closely ranked for Week 3. However, given that BJGE does not get a ton of carries, I would slide Benson into my lineup.

To summarize, I would start Kolb, FJax, and Benson.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Who to Start/Bench