Week 3 D/ST to pick up? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Week 3 D/ST to pick up?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 3 D/ST to pick up?

Postby HotHandz305 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:26 am

So just like in Week 2 I am a believer that the best way to approach DEF/ST is to pick up the best availble for the week unless you own a top 3 DEF.

In week 2 I dropped ATL def in favor of picking up DET def. Atl put up 5 pts vs Phi where as Det put up 21 vs KC.

I will list teams that are most commonly available in all leagues to help others. The ones I post are either projected high by yahoo, projected high by ESPN, or I project high.

-Atl @ TB
-Det @ Min
-SF @ Cin
-NYG @ Phi
-Ari @ Sea
-Car vs Jax
-Mia @ Cle
-Ten vs Den
-Cin vs SF
-Cle vs Mia

Of these teams listed here are my top 4 picks.
#1 Atl @ TB - This team may be of the ones most likely not widely available. I like the Atl def and TB is a decent offense but not great in my opinion due to incosistency.
#2 Det @ Min - We all know Det has improved greatly defense wise regardless of last weeks incredible match up vs KC. Min is looking skiddish and Det is hot.
#3 Ari @ Sea - This pick is obviously based on Seattles complete lack of offense rather than the slightest bit of any decent def by Ari.
#4 Ten vs Den - I like this pick even though not great because Tennessee's defense has done average recently and is going up a greatly injured Denver offense at home.

Any other advice is greatly appreciated because I would like to pick up my DEF for this week as I'm sure others would too before everyone else in my league may snatch someone I may want.
Week 13 Roster
QB Tony Romo
WR1 Greg Jennings
WR2 Vincent Jax
RB1 Arian Foster
RB2 LeSean McCoy
TE Vernon Davis
Flex (W/R/T) Willis McGahee
K Billy Cundiff
DST GB
IDP Patrick Willis
BEN Roy Helu
BEN Fred Davis
BEN Stevie Johnson
BEN Pitt D/ST
HotHandz305
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 3 D/ST to pick up?

Postby Shaman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:24 am

i like det here.
Shaman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 3 D/ST to pick up?

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:53 am

Surprise sleeper for this week: Carolina vs. Jacksonville. Carolina is going to be mad and angry from the first two weeks. Cam has made a believer out of this team and yes Davis/Beason are on IR but I think they come out play hungry and with a purpose. J'ville will be starting either TO McNown or a fellow way more unpolished Gabbert. They probably give up a bit to MJD but I don't think it will be enough for Jax to win.

I do not expect Jax to put up more than 17 pts on Carolina thi s week. Their DBs have improved their play and they signed a very good interior lineman that should help the run D immensely. Besides a good time chewing O is like a solid D. That Detroit/Minny game bears too much of a trap game. Detroit will beat Minny but Minny will be able to put up 20-25 pts but still come up short, again. Don't fall into the trap.

My other surprise sleeper is Cleveland Browns.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions