Hightower and Santana Moss for Kenny Britt? - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Hightower and Santana Moss for Kenny Britt? - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hightower and Santana Moss for Kenny Britt? - WHIR

Postby rbem84 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:29 pm

So here's the situation: I'm in a 16-team, standard scoring, non-keeper league. Another owner just lost Jamaal Charles so I'm wondering if I can work a decent trade with him given that he only has one RB on his roster other than Charles.

The players we've been starting (barring injuries and bad matchups) are in bold:

My team:
QB: Matt Ryan, Colt McCoy
RB: LeSean McCoy, Tim Hightower, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Daniel Thomas
WR: Greg Jennings, Santana Moss, Dwayne Bowe, Davone Bess, Plaxico Burress
TE: Dustin Keller, Dallas Clark

I'm doing K and TM by committee.

His team:
QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Hasselbeck
RB: Jamaal Charles (out for season), Willis McGahee
WR: Kenny Britt, Brandon Lloyd, Ted Ginn, Jabar Gaffney, Nate Washington, Robert Meachem, Randall Cobb
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Matt Bryant, John Kasay
TM: Steelers

I've been starting Hightower at flex and he's been producing pretty well but Kenny Britt would definitely be an upgrade over Moss or Bowe for me. I'm not sure if Hightower and Moss for Britt is a trade he would go for but keep in mind that this is a 16-team league so he has virtually no RB options available on waivers. Beyond that, Moss is a fairly reliable fantasy receiver and Britt has questions about his legal troubles right now.

Is this a trade you guys would make if you were me and if you were him? Thanks.
rbem84
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Hightower and Santana Moss for Kenny Britt? - WHIR

Postby scalqq » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:21 pm

I like this trade. You're giving him a solid, much needed RB, along with a proven WR. While it's going to hurt to have to give away Kenny Britt, making this trade will make for a good survival decision on his end. I bet he'll look for other alternative trades with other teams though.

Move forward in this trade, I'd say. Good luck this season!
scalqq
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 26)

Postby loudog561@J » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:31 pm

I would definitely do it. The drop off from Hightower to Daniel Thomas isn't nearly as much as the value added by Britt.

viewtopic.php?t=498202#p3351978
loudog561@J
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:35 pm

Hightower and Moss is fair for Britt
beneficial trade for both of you ;-D
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby mpapa720 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Though I don't think it's an equal trade. I do think it's close though. If it was PPR, it'd be a lot closer. However, I think he's getting good value for Britt. Depending on what other offers he has out there, if you were to offer him this, I'm sure he'd strongly consider it.

Help with mine please viewtopic.php?t=498235
mpapa720
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 11)

Postby TheGreatEmperor » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks for helping out on mine. I would definitely do this trade, Britt would be huge upgrade over moss.
TheGreatEmperor
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby sweettortilla » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:33 pm

TheGreatEmperor wrote:Thanks for helping out on mine. I would definitely do this trade, Britt would be huge upgrade over moss.

Thanks for helping with mine too. Agree with this!
sweettortilla
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby liono123 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Thanks for the help with mine. While this is a fair trade for both sides, I feel like Britt's value is very high and he will pursue a better RB option than Hightower. If he's willing to pull the trigger, do it.
12 Team $ (PPR + Return Yardage):
    QB: Tom Brady, Andy Dalton
    RB: Charles, Lynch, Martin, Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Rashad jennings, Joe McKnight, Leon Washington
    WR/TE: Antonio Brown, Brandon Lloyd, Randall Cobb, Ted Ginn
    K: Bryant
    DST: Bills
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Creamy Ballers » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:15 pm

It looks like you got a consensus here so I'll just play the devil's advocate. Given that it's a 16-man league, could you be possibly screwing yourself by giving up a solid RB like Hightower? I don't know how many positions you play and all that, but are you going to be struggling to fill your RB or Flex spots if you have one bad injury? In most circumstances, I would say go for it, but I would only warn you to think about just how bad your waiver wire talent is at RB if you ever needed to rely on it.

Thanks for helping with mine.
Creamy Ballers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby rbem84 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Creamy Ballers wrote:It looks like you got a consensus here so I'll just play the devil's advocate. Given that it's a 16-man league, could you be possibly screwing yourself by giving up a solid RB like Hightower? I don't know how many positions you play and all that, but are you going to be struggling to fill your RB or Flex spots if you have one bad injury? In most circumstances, I would say go for it, but I would only warn you to think about just how bad your waiver wire talent is at RB if you ever needed to rely on it.

Thanks for helping with mine.

That's definitely a good point, and it's my main hesitation. If LeSean McCoy goes down for more than a week or two then I'm in trouble. Although that's probably true anyway as McCoy has been by best player through the first two weeks. Even without Hightower, though, I think I could do okay with Law Firm and Daniel Thomas. I don't think either of them will be as consistently good as Hightower but they are both solid. My plan would be to pick up Helu or Hunter as a sleeper with the roster spot I'd be creating so one of them could be an option too in case of an injury.
rbem84
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions